IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Cueto traded to the Royals

Johnny Cueto traded to the Royals
Holy crap the Royals look good.

RE: Johnny Cueto traded to the Royals
It is just so different to see the Royals as buyers at the trade deadline.

I love their resurgence. I hope they can sustain it.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

they say they are not done buying either. Who will they pursue next? i think its an outfield bat. i dislike giving up finnegan. but dont think him or lamb could be "ACE" as a SP come Playoff time.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

Great trade on the Royals part IMO. They were in need of a strong No.1 for the playoffs
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(07-26-2015, 10:02 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Great trade on the Royals part IMO. They were in need of a strong No.1 for the playoffs
Im with you. They are in a spot where they needed a strong starter and they got a lights out number one. For what they gave up it was a no brainer.

Nice job. If Ventura can regain form, they are lethal.

Wow! What an amazing deal for KC ... And bad news for the rest of the American League!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I will be much more in favor of this trade of the Royals actually try to re-sign Cueto to a new contract. If not, he's just a short-term rental to me.

(07-27-2015, 08:11 AM)KPRROK Wrote: I will be much more in favor of this trade of the Royals actually try to re-sign Cueto to a new contract. If not, he's just a short-term rental to me.
Even if it's only a short term rental, it's a top 5 pitcher going to the best team in the A.L. to give them the best possible opportunity right here and now. There's several key contracts coming up in the next couple of years so I don't blame them for going all in right now. There's no guarantee that this team will look the same in 2 or 3 years.

Like HOF said, it was a no brainer for the Royals at this point. It's also critical, in my opinion, for the players to see management and ownership make this type of commitment to them. To me, that shows a trust that they are backing the team and giving them extra "ammo" to win it all. I can imagine it's deflating for a team to see your club having a fire sale and basically giving up on the season. I also agree with Nate's statement that Yordano is a BIG piece to this team, especially come playoff time.