`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ultimate find 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos #40 Derek Jeter

RE: Ultimate find 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos #40 Derek Jeter
I found some who knows a lot about these cards and wanted to share what I was told and will have picture proof in the next few days.

The cards were never made by Leaf as they were outsourced to a company in Chicago. This is why leaf executives have so little knowledge. The Bronze exist because leaf was given 3 colors to choose from and they choose Gold and Silver. The Bronze were supposed to be destroyed according to the leaf contract but 1 or 2 copies of each were taken that no one was aware of by a single person. So this is why they are rarely seen.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-14-2014, 07:01 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I found some who knows a lot about these cards and wanted to share what I was told and will have picture proof in the next few days.

The cards were never made by Leaf as they were outsourced to a company in Chicago. This is why leaf executives have so little knowledge. The Bronze exist because leaf was given 3 colors to choose from and they choose Gold and Silver. The Bronze were supposed to be destroyed according to the leaf contract but 1 or 2 copies of each were taken that no one was aware of by a single person. So this is why they are rarely seen.
Sounds like you got a keeper. Unless of course, you could trade it for a '96 Mirror Gold.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Interesting. I have never seen the Bronze for Clemens, but I do have the Gold "Promotional Card" as well as the regular Gold and regular steel versions. nice find.
[Image: clemenssig.png]

2120 different Clemens cards

And a Clemens in person autographed picture of my actual collection

Great pick up!!! Im still waiting for you to pick up that mirror gold one of these days!! lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I am not sure if anyone has noticed but beckett has listed the Bronze Promos on the price guide now. I have seen pretty much nothing listed on ebay one guy thought he had one but ended up being a Gold Promo. Only the guy I met and a select few of others I know own any of these. The guy I know is asking crazy money I want to say $750.00 for the Larkin and Ramirez each of the people who have asked me about them. So he will probably never sell them if I had to guess but the only real way for him to find out the true value is to list one on a low auction and see where it goes and gauge from there.

Or sell it through a legitimate auction house. They can promote the card for a while before hand, drawing a crowd. If you sell it on ebay, people would have to be looking for it on there own and it's not likely to draw in a good number of bidders, especially being that most collectors aren't aware the card exists.

(02-03-2015, 02:02 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Or sell it through a legitimate auction house. They can promote the card for a while before hand, drawing a crowd. If you sell it on ebay, people would have to be looking for it on there own and it's not likely to draw in a good number of bidders, especially being that most collectors aren't aware the card exists.
With it being in beckett now it might the only problem they didn't list how rare the cards are as they have no information so it will be just like the Silver Promo but way harder to find.

Does the back say promotional card for gold , silver, and bronze for each player?
I see some gold and silver on eBay but the back does not say promotional card.

(07-18-2015, 05:54 PM)silkworms Wrote: Does the back say promotional card for gold , silver, and bronze for each player?
I see some gold and silver on eBay but the back does not say promotional card.
Yes all 3 show the Promo Bronze doesn't exist other than a Promo.