`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know Beckett has some weird things missing from OPG, but...

I know Beckett has some weird things missing from OPG, but...
...how could they not list a graded series that they produce/grade?

I'm referring to a slabbed card I picked up a long time ago, it's labeled as 2000 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Graded Series 1 of 550. The back is stamped 221/1500, so would the value be different than the 551-1500 cads, then adjusted for the grade of the card? Or just the same as a graded version #'d 551-1500?

[Image: th_batch_IMG_2813_zps1apvcoiz.jpg][Image: th_batch_IMG_2814_zpsv3paakvl.jpg]

RE: I know Beckett has some weird things missing from OPG, but...
(07-11-2015, 02:00 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: ...how could they not list a graded series that they produce/grade?
Do you really find this surprising?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-11-2015, 02:41 PM)jonathani Wrote: Do you really find this surprising?
+1... same with the old pricing that has never been updated to reflect the current market... took them a decade to realize that the 96 Select Certified mirror cards were waaaaay undervalued, but hey... it's not like it's their business to know or anything *SMH*
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

No, don't really find it surprising... thought I'd post and get some opinions on the difference between the non-graded and the graded pricing- would the first 550 be more valuable than a card serial #'d between 551-1500 and graded after release in packs; or, would a card from the "Graded Series" have the same value as a graded card from the non-graded series?

I agree that it's pretty ridiculous that they don't price them. I believe back in 2000 they did price them separately, as I recall 2000 Edge Graded had listings for cards graded PSA9 and PSA10 as did a few other sets. When card companies started getting cards graded directly and inserting them into packs it was a big deal, and people went nuts buying graded cards. After a short while the interest died down and the card companies stopped doing it. My guess is that Beckett removed the listings due to the amount of room that the graded cards were taking up in the printed price guide, and the fact that the interest in them wasn't that high anymore. Of course once they got removed from the print guide, they were forgotten about when the online price guide got created.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-12-2015, 12:49 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: No, don't really find it surprising... thought I'd post and get some opinions on the difference between the non-graded and the graded pricing- would the first 550 be more valuable than a card serial #'d between 551-1500 and graded after release in packs; or, would a card from the "Graded Series" have the same value as a graded card from the non-graded series?
Its not the first 550 that were graded.... but yes, they are more valuable to have "The Graded Series" on them for weirdos like me.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.