`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help locating a card .

need help locating a card .
i have a james folston card that i cant find actually anywhere on the internet, i don't know if im searching for something wrong or what. can anyone give me any guidance or help?

ITS GAMES FOLSTON ,1995 signature rookies

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: need help locating a card .
This could be a promo or unlicensed card? Hopefully JP chimes in, he seems to find things others can't lol

It is from a 1995 product called Tetrad you make the call. There are boxes for sale on eBay but Beckett as far as I can tell has no listings for it. It is a multi sport product

Yeah I find no mention of it in Beckett or TCDB's databases. Some interesting notes about Dan's card there:

1. I see that it's a "Collegiate Licensed Product"
2. There's a note "PRINTED IN CANADA"
3. Card # is T8

It does appear to be a 1995 release but no one is listing James Folston on any cards past 1994. The design looks the same (albeit with different colors) as these cards here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Signature-...Swl~hfEEPg - but all those card numbers aren't prefixed by a "T" nor do they show "PRINTED IN CANADA".

It's weird to have Folston in a collegiate set in 1995 as he was drafted by the Raiders in 1994 and he's clearly wearing a Raiders jersey with the logo airbrushed out.. He wasn't in any of the 1994 Signature Rookies sets as far as I can tell. There's also zero reason to fake a card like this. I can only speculate that it was part of some promo set released in Canada or a proof of concept.

Don't know why he would be included in a Canadian release, he doesn't appear to have any ties with the country nor was he a hyped rookie to warrant inclusion over fellow 1994 draft picks.

Hrm thank you for your research, what would you guys suggest i do with this card, or how to value it?

(03-15-2021, 03:20 PM)dan8408484 Wrote: Hrm thank you for your research, what would you guys suggest i do with this card, or how to value it?
It's not going to have a lot of value. Folston isn't exactly a hobby heavyweight, nor is the set particularly sought after, so your target market if selling would be a Raiders team collector or someone interested in Canadian oddball cards. Might be worth $1-2 with free shipping if selling it. Trade value maybe double that. That's all assuming you find the right person who understands the odd nature of the card.

That's just my guesstimate on it. For all I know there's a thriving market for Canadian release Signature Rookies Tetrad cards I'm completely unaware of.

copy, well thank you for your help and thank everyone for helping in this.

Why crop the back of the card? Can we see the full card? Looks like a subset called " You make the call" but Folston was a Rookie in 1994. Signature Rookies rarely did 2nd year cards unless it was a top draft pick.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]