Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on these 2 prospects / young stars

Thoughts on these 2 prospects / young stars
Aaron Nola SP Phillies and Carlos Rodon

What are your thoughts on these guys fantasy wise long term going into next season ?

RE: Thoughts on these 2 prospects / young stars
I will probably hang on to Rodon in my keeper league. He's been up and down this year, but the talent is definitely there. I don't know much about Nola though.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

I watched Rodon pitch a little bit this year and I was pretty impressed by his stuff.

Rodon has more "upside" to be truly elite IMHO just due to raw stuff, but also will be more volatile and have more risk due to control issues. In college, Rodon seemed to get by on his raw stuff from the two games I watched... Just dominating with nastiness with little need for precision. So, higher ceiling, lower floor.

I watched Nola a lot at LSU (my pc player Bregman played for them as well) and have been following him in the minors. He is a tactician and a hell of a "pitcher". Stuff isn't as dominant and relies on mixing it up/command more than Rodon.

I had the option to choose between them for my dynasty league and went with Nola.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint