`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some good luck coupled with bad luck

Some good luck coupled with bad luck
So, I have a property I'm in process of doing a short sale on, and I went over to check on it after work today, and decided to stop off at a card shop on that side of town to pick up some supplies that I need for selling stuff on eBay. Anyhow, they had some boxes of 2015 Score, and I decided that since I had a little bit of Paypal sitting around, I'd see what Score was like. Yes, I know, I'm wanting to get another case of Prizm, but thought what the heck, the hobby box was only 45 bucks. Anyhow, it comes with one auto, and I was expecting a 7th rounder that gets cut after training camp.... Definitely got better than that! So, I have to say that this is my favorite recent release of Score! Nice clean look, interesting inserts that look good, and the parallels look pretty slick too Smile

So, what was the auto? Smile

So, yeah, a Rodgers auto on Friday, a Winston auto today, other than being sick, good run, right?

Well, stopped off at my property, and someone had kicked the front door in and stolen some stuff. Thankfully they didn't take anything worthwhile, and they didn't take any of the copper or anything like that, but just the fact they kicked the door in irritates me. I have to go back tomorrow and I'm going to be reinforcing the door so that if they come back and try to kick it in again, they're going to have a trip to the hospital with a broken foot coming their way. Just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't decide to come back tonight.

RE: Some good luck coupled with bad luck
You've been on an unbelievable roll bro! Congrats!

Good luck with the house!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Yeah, I can't believe what I've been hitting lately!!

Anyhow, I was wrong about the house.... Went back this morning to reinforce the door, and they actually had taken some copper Sad Let's just say, though, that if they try to kick that door in again, they're going to get a pretty unpleasant surprise and probably a trip to the emergency room with a broken foot *evil laugh* Smile

Wow! Sell that Winston ASAP--should pay for another case of Prizm, eh? lol
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(06-23-2015, 04:10 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Wow! Sell that Winston ASAP--should pay for another case of Prizm, eh? lol
Well, not sure it will pay for an entire case, but it might pay for half of one! I have it listed on eBay right now at 250 BIN

Very nice hits, Joe! Congrats! I might have to swing a deal with you to get myself a case of Prizm delivered up here. Too bad about the house. Some people have no respect for others' property, and need to learn the hard way.

When you go to reinstall the copper-assuming that it is plumbing that was taken-do not reinstall more copper. Instead opt for pex-pipe. It is cheaper, easier to use, and hold a lot better that copper. Plus, it is a lot easier to make repairs with. Best wishes!

Randi

gorgeous card.

Sorry about the house, but good idea on reinforcing it.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

Sweetness
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-23-2015, 08:28 PM)rayeates Wrote: Very nice hits, Joe! Congrats! I might have to swing a deal with you to get myself a case of Prizm delivered up here. Too bad about the house. Some people have no respect for others' property, and need to learn the hard way.

When you go to reinstall the copper-assuming that it is plumbing that was taken-do not reinstall more copper. Instead opt for pex-pipe. It is cheaper, easier to use, and hold a lot better that copper. Plus, it is a lot easier to make repairs with. Best wishes!

Randi
Well, at the moment, I'm not doing anything with the house. I've had my real estate agent speak with the potential buyers, and they are going to be gutting the house anyway to make it a rental, and the broken door/door frame and the missing small amount of copper doesn't bother them. Hopefully the bank finalizes the short sale so that i don't have to worry about dealing with it anymore!

Nice pull!!! I wish I had your luck! Any Lavonte David stuff or Bucs Team Leader cards in that box?