`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
selling my collection

selling my collection
So I'm not 100% sure on doing this. Just thought I'd get ur guy's opinions first. I'm thinking about selling my collection. Figure I'd get out while I can lol. Just isn't the right time in my life to be spending money on baseball cards. I'd sell everything I have, minus my Angels cards (unless I absolutely have to). But idk. If the price is right then I guess I would. Lemme know what u think.

[Image: banner_zpsn8lxnr05.jpg]

All Angels!!!

RE: selling my collection
There's plenty of cards manufactured 'out there' so if you do sell stuff, you can usually replace it, unless it's a 1/1 (and you'll probably never see it again). So sell it or don't. Personally, i feel that since you just kinda started, maybe just don't buy any more new cards and trade all your non-Angel for Angels cards and hold on to them for a while. Then in a few months, (years,?) revisit the hobby with a different perspective!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-22-2015, 07:48 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: There's plenty of cards manufactured 'out there' so if you do sell stuff, you can usually replace it, unless it's a 1/1 (and you'll probably never see it again). So sell it or don't. Personally, i feel that since you just kinda started, maybe just don't buy any more new cards and trade all your non-Angel for Angels cards and hold on to them for a while. Then in a few months, (years,?) revisit the hobby with a different perspective!
Was going to be my advice exactly. Trade away for Angels. Resell value might not be there for your traders so might as well get cards you collect for them.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I go through phases like this, mainly when I get wrapped up in the $ aspect of the hobby. There is something unnatural to me about spending $$$$ on cardboard lol.

I recently sold of 5k for my upcoming second child's starter college fund. I do have some regrets in that sell-off, particularly 1/1's of yelich (some key cards too), but I had to what I felt was right.

Best advice I have for you...

Sell some stuff that you don't really need or want and buy something cool/tangible/useful with it.

Then, set a clear budget that is within your means, and stick with it. On a smaller budget, I would definitely stick to buying singles. Is it as exciting as ripping wax? Not for most. But more satisfying and less likely to leave you with that "crap, I just blew $90 on that?" feeling. Wripping wax and sitting down at a blackjack table/slot machine are eerily similar... The house wins the vast majority of the time. Unless you are staying within your means financially and there simply for the enjoyment and appreciate the cards you are opening, regardless of $-value, you're walking away with buyers remorse.

Try to focus on the fun in the hobby and never go outside your financial means.

Some fun/cheap ideas:
-buy a few chrome autos of cheap prospects that you have researched and like, and then follow them thorough the minors. A lot of solid prospects that are likely to hit the bigs autos are selling around $5 or less per auto.

-resist the urge to buy a hobby box. Then take half of that money to eBay, and see how much/what cards of that product you could buy with just half the money. Trying to find poorly timed/listed auctions for cheap and having a mission like that can be just as fun as wripping wax (for me anyway) and you're guaranteed to walk away with cool cards.

-finally, have fun. Oh, and did I mention... Stay within your financial means? Lol
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Place your cards in ORG for trade..send out threads for trading and trade for Angels..give people a little more for the trade cards and you will be able to move the cards and get something for the future for your PC...the ones that do not move can then be sold in bulk..but expect 10% BV on those..realistically..some people expect to get LO BV on their cards and it just does not happen very often..

For example..I have $75000 in SF Giants...about 20000 cards 1958-2015..

Bulk sale I would hope for 10K..probably would go for less..more like a bid of 5K..

I do not collect for the $$..if I did..I would be living under a bridge..ripping wax and reselling is a fool's errand...

Good luck...shoot me a trade offer!!!!