`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
First time box break 2 bowman and 2 gypsy, a little dissapointed

RE: First time box break 2 bowman and 2 gypsy, a little dissapointed
(06-17-2015, 11:45 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I can use Bowman Yellow Giants!!! Want to trade??
I'm down to trade! I just need to south through to see what have and what I need. I'll let you know.

First: Bowman is a prospect product. You never really know how you did immediately. Sometimes 2-4 years later, you might be holding a good card, a great card, or scrap. So, for immediacy, generally speaking, don't buy prospect products.
Second: Gypsy Queen isn't always the best bang for your buck. The Gausman redemption was probably the best card there. Although the JoFer mini/50 ain't too bad.
Dollar for Dollar, retail was better. Some of the retail exclusives are better value than you think. Don't get discouraged, just be realistic. If it was THAT easy to hit a Kris Bryant auto, they wouldn't be THAT valuable. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-17-2015, 04:43 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: First: Bowman is a prospect product. You never really know how you did immediately. Sometimes 2-4 years later, you might be holding a good card, a great card, or scrap. So, for immediacy, generally speaking, don't buy prospect products.
Second: Gypsy Queen isn't always the best bang for your buck. The Gausman redemption was probably the best card there. Although the JoFer mini/50 ain't too bad.
Dollar for Dollar, retail was better. Some of the retail exclusives are better value than you think. Don't get discouraged, just be realistic. If it was THAT easy to hit a Kris Bryant auto, they wouldn't be THAT valuable. Smile
Yeah I understand bowman is a prospect product. It's the lack of numbered autos. But like I said those were misunderstandings by me Sad I just expected that the autos would be numbered, what's the point if it isn't limited. I'm new so I need to get a feel for what I want to do. I thought I would want a larger quantity of cards initially and work on completing sets, but seeing everybody's awesome hits on here you get your hopes and expectations up!!!

(06-17-2015, 05:09 PM)kent_man Wrote: Yeah I understand bowman is a prospect product. It's the lack of numbered autos. But like I said those were misunderstandings by me Sad I just expected that the autos would be numbered, what's the point if it isn't limited. I'm new so I need to get a feel for what I want to do. I thought I would want a larger quantity of cards initially and work on completing sets, but seeing everybody's awesome hits on here you get your hopes and expectations up!!!
Understandable, but maybe you haven't been observing too long. I, and many others, post the good with the bad. I've had and I've seen great hits posted here right next to a bunch of garbage breaks. Generally speaking, the mediocre rules and the Amazing is less. You might be confused since so many post pics of their trades and mail days, which are usually better than box breaks.

As prospects get called up into service, my older, less exciting breaks start looking better and better. Remember, in 2011 Mike Trout was not a household name. Getting his card in a pack was no big deal, at the time. If you bought Trout Autos back then and held onto them, today you look like a successful Wall Street investment broker. Smile

Don't be discouraged. Just make sure to collect what you like and you'll never be disappointed.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm currently opening a box of '15 Bowman and I can understand your feeling.
Right now (I'm in the middle of the break) my box is a big $h!t but:
1) I still have 11 packs to open
2) Some cards stated as regular might be hot in a couple of years.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85