`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out : thanks Dominic!

Shout out : thanks Dominic!
Just wanted to publicly thank Dominic for the great cards I received as a prize for winning his Christian Yelich home run contest. It was a fun game and a very generous prize. I PC Yelich, so the prize was even more appreciated, and they were all cards I needed, too!
I follow the Marlins anyway, but the contest gave me a little more of a vested interest as to the viewing of the daily box score. Thanks for keeping things interesting here on the Beckett Baseball forum. It's members, like Dominic, that make this place a great community. Thanks, buddy!

[Image: 6BBF1B58-F75C-4B80-B048-C266289CFCEE_zpsoo2emwle.jpg]

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Shout out : thanks Dominic!
Wow! That is awesome
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Well done Dominic!

Of course Mitch! As much as I value you as a trading buddy/forum member, I was really hoping you didn't win hahahaha (only due to your guess of 60 at-bats... was hoping to get the contest done during the first week!).

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(06-10-2015, 10:07 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Of course Mitch! As much as I value you as a trading buddy/forum member, I was really hoping you didn't win hahahaha (only due to your guess of 60 at-bats... was hoping to get the contest done during the first week!).
Yeah, as a fellow Yelich fan, I felt like a rat-fink guessing at such a high number and I was conflicted, wanting to win since I PC him, but also wanting to see him be successful and kick butt. Lets face it, as long as he keeps getting on base and Staton keeps hitting dingers, Yelich doesn't need high HR numbers.
The Marlins just need to go on a huge win streak against the NL East teams.
Thanks again!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-10-2015, 10:17 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, as a fellow Yelich fan, I felt like a rat-fink guessing at such a high number and I was conflicted, wanting to win since I PC him, but also wanting to see him be successful and kick butt. Lets face it, as long as he keeps getting on base and Staton keeps hitting dingers, Yelich doesn't need high HR numbers.
The Marlins just need to go on a huge win streak against the NL East teams.
Thanks again!
He's too talented to keep going the way he has. His .babip is almost 100 points lower than his previous years totals, so I think it is a combination of bad luck (his line drive rate and other #'s are about the same, he is just hitting it directly to people) + his back injury (some funky swings not catching up to balls leading to a higher k rate) + trying to push his way through the funk (lower walk rate + he was quoted as saying that he had "never felt this awful" while on the field and a bunch of other disparaging crap).

He'll pick up eventually. Hit me up if you are looking for any more. I'd of course love some yelich/bregman in return, but am also just looking to diversify my trade bait.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Great gesture from a great member.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!