`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ebay listings: selling fake jordan rc's

Ebay listings: selling fake jordan rc's
I was scrolling through ebay and came across a few counterfeit 86 Fleer Jordan rookie cards being sold as "originals".
I reported them, if you guys have a second, maybe you can report them too. Here are the listing numbers, just copy and paste into the ebay search bar.

This last one is of an 87-88 fleer Michael Jordan BGS 8.5 which the seller listed as a BGS 9 because the subgrades were 9.5, 9.5, 8.5, 8.5. LOL

RE: Ebay listings: selling fake jordan rc's
The 2nd one now has 33 bids.

Sad. Someone's going to be taken advantage of.

how is the best way to tell the original from a fake?

(06-10-2015, 07:01 PM)stwainfan Wrote: how is the best way to tell the original from a fake?

The most obvious sign is the yellow "Fleer Premier" banner on the front. If the entire banner is yellow, then it is a complete fake. The banner (where it says premier) should be yellow, but the end of the banner on the right side where it turns downward should be gold or a dark, dark yellow. Should always be two colors!

One of the most obvious but easy to neglect signs is the clarity of the picture. Counterfeits will look very snowy, foggy and pixelated. Authentic Jordan's will be clear and smooth looking.

Looking at the bulls logo on the reverse of the card, the eyes of the bull will be almost completely colored in on a counterfeit. An authentic version will show the whites of the bulls eye very clearly.

Looking at the stats on the back, the last statistic on the bottom right should read "27.2" On the counterfeit, the decimal point will be missing.

The last sign is also on the back of the card. The basketball on the bottom right of the card should have the lines through it clearly, on most counterfeits the ball will be mostly colored in.

Here is a website that gives side by side comparisons of a fake and real version.
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/how-t...ookie-card

I should note that there are several different counterfeit/reprint Jordan rc's. Here is the link to a reprint that has different characteristics.

ebay listing number - 271896175708
if you look at the color of the card, it's darker and bolder than the other counterfeit Jordan's, especially the blue borders. This type of counterfeit is also typically very glossy. And if you notice all the tell tale signs of a fake, this one passes all of them with a somewhat clear picture, the banner is multi-colored, the bulls eyes are white, the 27.2 is there, as well as the lines in the basketball.

The second seller already has a negative feedback score stating that he sold a counterfeit coin!
[Image: image.jpg]

Lol yeah that's the first thing I looked at when I saw this fake Jordan he's selling.

It looks like eBay took down the second listing I posted here, can't find it. Good job eBay!