`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More retail success: 2015 Prizm Blaster, Bowman & Donruss hangers

More retail success: 2015 Prizm Blaster, Bowman & Donruss hangers
After watching thread after thread posted of successful 2015 Bowman retail vs. hobby, I had decided that my 2015 retail wax would stick to Bowman (which overall has been pretty successful - Orange Wave Bryant, Addi Russell Ref, lots of base autos & color).

My curiosity for this year's Prizm got the best of me today, however, and against my steadfast plan I took home a Blaster of Prizm from a Target run. I will say that for a 30 card box this was a very fun (fast) break, as most have said. It turned into an great decision by the second to last pack!

Highlights:
Red Prizms - Adam Jones, Goldschmidt, R. Howard, Dilson Herrera RC
Base Prizms - Wainwright, Alexei Ramirez, Junior Lake Camo #/199
USA Prizm - Kolten Wong
Fireworks - Griffey Jr.

Then there was this guy:
[Image: IMG_3031.jpg]
Luke Gregerson - Signature Prizms Gold Pulsar 9/10!

This is one of my best pulls personally in terms of odds, being a low-numbered auto. Based on the circumstances and his awesome looking sig, this almost has to become a PC addition... still haven't decided.

The Donruss hanger/jumbo pack was half the price of the Bowman hanger and I love the look of these cards. It was a nice change of pace, for sure.

Highlights:
Random inserts of Puig, Piazza, Miggy, and Kluber
Donruss Studio - Michael Taylor
"The Rookies" - Joc Pederson

Finally, the Bowman hanger was the first swing-and-miss I've had this year with their retail product in terms of color. Must be time to move on for me...

Highlights:
Base Prospects: Correa, Urias, Rodon
Base Chrome: Toussant
Farm's Finest - Max Fried
Scouts 100 - Aaron Sanchez (#66)

RE: More retail success: 2015 Prizm Blaster, Bowman & Donruss hangers
Nice pull!

Wow! Great auto! Prizm is fun and it's good bang for the buck, even without an auto. Getting an auto, too? Huge bonus ... Especially /10 ... Nice!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Small open offer sent
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I do enjoy the Prizm baseball, but I did better last year, Lots of color last year, not so much this year, even though I did get a fresh Faces Auto of Nick Ahmed. not great but still an auto none the less. Congrats on your sweet pull.

Thanks guys.

I can imagine Hobby Prizm is a bit more colorful, but even before the auto it was definitely a fun break for the price. It's gonna be hard not to go back to the well now...