`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Jazz signed poster

Utah Jazz signed poster
I've got this poster that has been sitting in my closet for almost ten years. I believe it is real because Jerry SLoan, one of the assistant coaches, lives near here, my wife actually met him a few times.

I'd like to sell it, but I'm not really too keen on spending close to 200 dollars to get it authenticated if it's barely worth 200 dollars.

Anybody got any advice, or ballpark figures of this things value.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Utah Jazz signed poster
I know that some of the auction houses will do group submissions to PSA/JSA for any items not already authenticated. This is generally much cheaper, and while it doesn't provide an official COA for the item, it usually gives the buyer a good feeling about authenticity. I am not sure what the auction houses charge for this, nor am I sure it would be really worth it for a 1987-88 Jazz team photo. However it would only take a couple emails or phone calls to figure it all out. I would try one of the bigger international auction houses that actually puts out a catalog for their auctions. My favorite is Goldin Auctions, but there are plenty of other good ones too.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Utah Jazz signed poster
I would suggest, if possible, getting just Stockton and Malone authenticated. The remainder of the signatures don't give it the value bump in excess of the grading fees and aren't generally going to be forged unless the entire piece was. People don't tend to waste their time recreating Rickey Green and Mel Turpin autographs.

As for value, it's probably not much above a Stockton/Malone dual signed photo.