`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on shipping back from overseas.

Question on shipping back from overseas.
Hey what's up all. Question on shipping. So sold a card on the bay. Guy didn't like it. Claims a scratch on the card. So I start the return process. Of course doesn't get his til I get mine. Says he wants 30 shipped back to me and pay his pp account. Send a little high to ship back to me for that price. Originally shipped to China. So any suggestions on what I should do?

RE: Question on shipping back from overseas.
(05-22-2015, 06:16 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: Hey what's up all. Question on shipping. So sold a card on the bay. Guy didn't like it. Claims a scratch on the card. So I start the return process. Of course doesn't get his til I get mine. Says he wants 30 shipped back to me and pay his pp account. Send a little high to ship back to me for that price. Originally shipped to China. So any suggestions on what I should do?
So he wants $30 from you to pay for return shipping? Unless you changed it, it usually is set up so that the buyer pays return shipping should they want to return the item. If you are unsure about the card being defective before you sent it I would try to come to an agreement, if you know it wasn't scratched I wouldn't cut him any slack. But, this is the exact reason I will only sell to the U.S. and Canada. Too many issues selling elsewhere.

**REGARDLESS, DO NOT GIVE HIM ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE ITEM!!!!**
[Image: image.jpg]

I tried reasoning with him. He is just being ignorant. And yes I agree on shipping to the states. I thought I had that only marked. Bit I told him that I was looking at other ways to have the card shipped back. He didn't like that. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

(05-23-2015, 08:12 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: I tried reasoning with him. He is just being ignorant. And yes I agree on shipping to the states. I thought I had that only marked. Bit I told him that I was looking at other ways to have the card shipped back. He didn't like that. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.
I always mark only ship in US to avoid the hassle of international shipping, but it doesn't matter I still had a guy in china buy a high priced card from me once and then tried to get his friend to pay for it.
Needless to say it was a lot of back and forth via ebay messages and threatening to open a case with ebay if the buyer himself didn't actually pay me...this was after at least a week of them asking me to let some other guy pay which made no sense.

it ended well enough but saying no international shipping doesn't stop them from buying your cards.

Does your return policy have "buyer pays return shipping" ? Usually that is ebay's default setting.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(05-23-2015, 10:25 AM)krn001 Wrote: Does your return policy have "buyer pays return shipping" ? Usually that is ebay's default setting.
Even if it doesn't since eBay can basically force a return use their defaults, which should be buyer pays.

(05-23-2015, 09:56 AM)rentzington Wrote: I always mark only ship in US to avoid the hassle of international shipping, but it doesn't matter I still had a guy in china buy a high priced card from me once and then tried to get his friend to pay for it.
Needless to say it was a lot of back and forth via ebay messages and threatening to open a case with ebay if the buyer himself didn't actually pay me...this was after at least a week of them asking me to let some other guy pay which made no sense.

it ended well enough but saying no international shipping doesn't stop them from buying your cards.
You can go to your eBay settings under selling preferences and select the option to block foreign bidders that do not have U.S. shipping address's. That's what I had to do. I only allow Canadian and U.S. buyers to bid on my items. This doesn't mean that they have to live here. Many overseas bidders use U.S. mailing address's and I have had no problems with that.

(05-24-2015, 04:58 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: You can go to your eBay settings under selling preferences and select the option to block foreign bidders that do not have U.S. shipping address's. That's what I had to do. I only allow Canadian and U.S. buyers to bid on my items. This doesn't mean that they have to live here. Many overseas bidders use U.S. mailing address's and I have had no problems with that.
Cool didn't know that.
I really wish we could ship to Canada without the hassle of customs forms

(05-24-2015, 05:00 PM)rentzington Wrote: Cool didn't know that.
I really wish we could ship to Canada without the hassle of customs forms
The customs form is really easy to use if you print your label out yourself. You just fill in a couple questions and it prints incorporated with the label. It's very easy. I originally avoided trades/sales to Canada for that reason but doing it online is very easy.