`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Bowman Jumbo HTA biggest waste of $$$ EVER!!!

RE: 2015 Bowman Jumbo HTA biggest waste of $$$ EVER!!!
(05-18-2015, 05:38 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Ouch, Doc, that's rough. Seems like retail is the way to go for you on most products. As for me, I'm sticking to singles. That is, of course, until you decide to send Streaky back my way for a while.
Streaky hasn't been here lately. Hope he's enroute!
I guess certain products are better in retail, and Bowman has been like that for me the past 2-3 years. A Kris Bryant auto from a 2014 Bowman Blaster is about as good as I could ever get. I should stick to the retail plan!
(05-18-2015, 08:30 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Most of my Jumbo boxes were like that too. Iglesias however I think just got called up for the Reds and is one of the mid range autos with potential. But I did much better with retail and Hobby boxes (24 pack- 1 auto boxes) so far.
Sorry to hear that about your Jumbo Hobby boxes! Misery doesn't like company.
But good new about Iglesias. There's always a chance with prospects. Thanks.
Glad you had better luck with the other Bowman product configurations. I'm sticking to retail.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2015 Bowman Jumbo HTA biggest waste of $$$ EVER!!!
(05-19-2015, 08:00 AM)drmitchj Wrote: Posted from another thread ... Comparing Panini Stars & Stripes to Bowman!
Even though I blew $80 more on these 4 (Stars & Stripes) boxes than I did on Bowman, ($200 vs. $120) I'm about 10X happier with Stars & Stripes. That being said, I'd have been better off spending $320 and getting a 1960 Topps graded Mickey Mantle card! Smile
But seriously, S&S is a great product ... Even better if it was about a $40 price point.
Compare $150 for (my first 3) 3 boxes of S&S vs. $120 for 1 jumbo Bowman.
Both you'd get 3 autos. Both about an equal chance at picking up Bryant and/or Rodon auto.

S&S my autos were all prospects relic/sticker-autos numbered /49 or less
Bowman my autos were base chrome on-card prospects ... Unnumbered

I pulled 9 relics from S&S all are numbered /299 or less
I pulled 6 minis from bowman, only one was numbered (/250)

6 crusade cards from S&S
4 top prospects from Bowman

6 misc serial numbered foil cards from S&S
1 serial numbered purple ice /50 from Bowman.

Bowman I had only 1 Abreu base card, no Bryant or Rodon.
S&S I had Rodon, Refsynder & Bryant base & foil cards.

Clear winner, IMO ...... Stars & Stripes !
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.