`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your thoughts

Need your thoughts
Hey all. So I know this is not a baseball card I sold but since I mostly collect baseball I thought I'd ask you all your opinion since I'm familiar with a lot of you and respect your opinions.

I sold this card on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/261882654360?ssP...1561.l2649

I was very specific in my instructions that I would not ship outside the US. I had a minimum bid of $2800 on it with a But It Now for 3399. First day up I got the minimum bid. It ended last night without another bid. Oh well, those are the breaks.

The winner of the auction is from Australia. He only has 15 feedback. While all the feedback he has is positive feedback, while looking through his feedback, it appears that a lot of the feedback left were written by the same people from different accounts. All of them are old feedback as well. Maybe his account got hacked? IDK.

I think this is a scam and I'm leaning towards killing his bid and keeping the card. Especially with the way Ebay never protects sellers. What do you guys think?

RE: Need your thoughts
I wouldn't do it. You were specific about shipping, and international is a huge pain in the a--.

You run the risk of a negative feedback, though ... but much better than being out of luck on a $2,800 card.

I wouldn't ship it either. You are specific about not shipping outside of the U.S.

I think you were specific enough that it was intended solely for the USA. Should have a US address like I do and then from there have it shipped wherever it is intended to go and not the sellers fault for anything that happens after that.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I wouldn't risk it.

[Image: banner_zpsn8lxnr05.jpg]

All Angels!!!

Ok, dumb ebay question again guys. I've seen sellers on ebay that won't ship outside of the US. Is this because there is no signature confirmation on those packages?
Nice card btw.

(05-13-2015, 01:41 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Ok, dumb ebay question again guys. I've seen sellers on ebay that won't ship outside of the US. Is this because there is no signature confirmation on those packages?
Nice card btw.
Hey Matt. For me, I don’t like shipping outside the US because it is just a pain in the butt. I also feel like a lot of scammers are from outside the US because they don’t feel the law can reach them. To be honest, I don’t even know what I’d do if I shipped the card and this person decides to file a claim with Ebay saying I didn’t send the correct card or the ever famous “I didn’t get it”. I don’t think there is anything I can do. I can’t get a signature confirmation on overseas shipments and Ebay always sides with the buyer. At least if I ship it in the US and somebody pulls that crap, I could always file a Police report for fraud. But if somebody tries to scam me for this kind of money, I think I’d just get in my car and go visit said person until we came to an understanding.

I’m pretty sure I have my mind made up. I’m going to cancel his bid since he didn’t meet the criteria for the auction and I’ll just hold onto it. Overall the card is in really good shape so I think I’ll send it in for grading. The chipping along the edges on these cards always knocks them down a bit but it will be nice to have it encased and protected regardless. Unless Chicago can find a way to win this series, I’m not going to be able to sell it for what I want now anyway.

I am leaning toward cancelling but thinking a call to Ebay first would be in order just to see what they have to say. Could not hurt!
Mostly football and a set builder

(05-13-2015, 02:09 PM)bbniner80 Wrote: I am leaning toward cancelling but thinking a call to Ebay first would be in order just to see what they have to say. Could not hurt!
Such a simple answer and a great suggestion. To be honest, the thought never even occured to me. Thank you, I think I may do it to check my options.

First, I would definitely cancel the bid. There are too many horror stories about shipping overseas from shady postal workers to scammers all over and not much you can do about it. I will only ship to the U.S. and Canada for those very reasons.

Secondly, you need to go into your eBay settings where it allows you to block bidders that do not have U.S. shipping addresses registered with eBay. Then they can't even bid on your items so you don't run into this problem. Most people won't even read the detailed descriptions before bidding and/or they can't read English.

That's just some tips from my experiences and research.
[Image: image.jpg]