Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good night to be a Twins fan!!!!!

Good night to be a Twins fan!!!!!
Congrats to Eddie Rosario.

First game. First pitch. HR to left field off of Scott Kazmir.

Kepler

RE: Good night to be a Twins fan!!!!!
(05-06-2015, 07:52 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Congrats to Eddie Rosario.

First game. First pitch. HR to left field off of Scott Kazmir.
buy buy buy.....im glad I kept my blue auto of him

That's great! Let's get Buxton and Berrios up now as well.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(05-06-2015, 09:10 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: That's great! Let's get Buxton and Berrios up now as well.
They're both a ways off. They're both playing well, but not well enough to jump from AA to the majors this early in the year. They'll get their shots, but it'll be a while yet.
Kepler

Will Nick Gordon be up soon?

(05-06-2015, 09:48 PM)stwainfan Wrote: Will Nick Gordon be up soon?
If I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd say Gordon is a ways off. He's at Low A right now. Playing alright, best I can tell, but not exactly tearing it up - .280 or so.

Given that nothing I've seen has him as a fast riser and given the Twins track record, I'd say possibly a Sept. 2017 call-up from AA, then back to AAA for more seasoning. He'd still only be 22 or 23 at that point.
Kepler

I'm looking at seeing how the Pitching develops this year...recent top picks like Alex Wimmers, Kohl Stewart, J.O Berrios and Nick Burdi.

The future does look bright, although so much can happen with prospects either way. Nick Gordon, Buxton, and Sano.

(05-07-2015, 08:48 AM)madamson Wrote: I'm looking at seeing how the Pitching develops this year...recent top picks like Alex Wimmers, Kohl Stewart, J.O Berrios and Nick Burdi.

The future does look bright, although so much can happen with prospects either way. Nick Gordon, Buxton, and Sano.
I'm starting to think that Wimmers isn't going to pan out - at least as a starter. He could possibly become an Anthony Swarzak clone, but he's 26 and struggling to get quality starts at AA.

Stewart I'm a little worried about. Shoulder issues last year, elbow soreness this year. The overall numbers still look good, hopefully he's still young enough that as he gets older he'll be able to get stronger and stay healthy.

Berrios I'm not concerned about at all - just excited to see what he can do/become.

I was hopeful that Burdi and Jake Reed would be able to contribute to the bullpen this year, but it appears they both need to work on throwing more strikes. Their fastballs are big league ready, but their secondary stuff isn't coming along yet.

Zack Jones, however, could be ready to help by mid-season.
Kepler