`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does it takes for redeemimg redemptions ?

RE: How long does it takes for redeemimg redemptions ?
(05-02-2015, 06:12 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I am waiting on 9 redemptions over 1 year old and a 2013 Topps Relic WS card from the 2012 WS Giants..it is a RELIC!! Not an AUTO..they never made the card I know...replacement would have to be as good a Giant card..but they are not offering.
Redemptions are awful..terrible way to cheat the customer and they get away with it..if it was another business..they would be written up on charges.
Think about it..you buy a product..open it and find that there is a missing part...you get a form to fill out for the missing part..send it in and wait for 1 month to 3 years...
I know it is not a great analogy...but it makes me mad...when you by a box of cards..ALL THE CARDS are suppose to be there..within odds...too often..the BIGGEST HIT in the box is a redemption..poor way to do business
(05-02-2015, 05:25 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Redemptions can take from one week (if the card is completed and they feel like shipping it), to 2 years. At that point they will inform you you will not be receiving the card the redemption was for and are given a replacement not of your chosing. Most are anywhere from 3 to 8 months. At least from my experiences.
I totally agree with Both of these assessments / answers.

I waited a year for my Kris Bryant auto (worth the wait and understand his demand right now caused the delay) I waited 2 years for a Ty Cobb relic. Obviously, they never made the card, or had the bat relic, ... They certainly weren't waiting on Cobb to bring them a bat Smile worth the wait, but not understandable as to its delay.

My belief ... Redemptions should only be for super expensive cards (to avoid packaging damage, foil evil pack searchers, etc, etc) , larger format cards, balls, bats and uniforms that would never fit in a box. Redemptions should be very rarely placed in product and they should never expire. The product should exist and be held until if gets redeemed. Poor, poor Topps ... Such a storage burden to place on them ... Too freakin' bad. Keep redemptions to a minimum and it won't be an issue.
Make sure product is ready and available before it goes on sale. If a player didn't sign for Bowman, oh well, don't include him, or delay the product. If a player is chronically problematic, stop contracting them to sign. Seems pretty simple.
Or ..(just thought of this) .... Put out a high end product called Topps Redemption and make it a mixed-bag product of all late autos/relics from across their product lines and across the years that never made it 'live' into the proposed products. That would certainly be a fun case break. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Hmm I waited almost 3 years for one of mine after in which I had already redeemed 2 of that very same card. They sent me a replacement of the same player but a much shorter print. You can check my threads to see the story
Strasburg RC
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Well, in my experience, which is only 3 redemptions, I've received 2 of them in only a couple weeks' time for each. I've been waiting on my other redemption since 2015 Topps was first released. So what is that, a couple months so far? There is no real time frame.

Topps is much faster IMO. They seem to send out within a month, but I had a Middlebrooks auto I waited two years for. Panini redemptions seem to pile up and occasionally they send one out. I have ten open, four of which I have from Feb. 2013 EEE. There has got to be a better way!