`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What's the farthest you've gone for a card?

RE: What's the farthest you've gone for a card?
(04-24-2015, 12:41 PM)NateNichols Wrote: Like right now I just called a guy about a Dallas Cowboys collection of cards he had that he said was 10,000 cards. His asking price was $2,500 so I'm assuming he's got several 1972 Topps - Roger Staubach RC's or something.

Nope. Not even one Staubach RC in his whole collection. LMFAO! $2,500!? Seriously?

I told him it was going to be incredibly tough to sell that for $2,500 without even one Staubach RC.

"Well, I've got a couple of 1989 Aikman RC's." LOL. Ok. Thanks.
Exactly why I hate doing this. He is going to eventually realize he has a bunch of Score cards that are worth nothing. "But I paid $2500 for the boxes..."....and thanks for playing...

(04-24-2015, 12:46 PM)petercopp Wrote: Exactly why I hate doing this. He is going to eventually realize he has a bunch of Score cards that are worth nothing. "But I paid $2500 for the boxes..."....and thanks for playing...
It was a 3 minute phone call and it was some old guy.

I can handle that and just laugh at it.

I'd actually be pissed if I drove somewhere and that happened. That's why 99% of the time I won't go and look at anything until I know exactly what they have and/or a really solid idea through pictures/lists.

You can tell someone is full of it pretty quick or if they are sharp and know what they have and you're not going to have any type of margin to make on the card(s).

I had my brother pick me up some baseball cards when he was over in Japan back in the early 90's. He got me a box of Japanese cards. That's where I got my Japanese rookie cards of Ichiro and Hideki Matsui although I didn't know who they were at the time.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-24-2015, 04:37 PM)zeprock Wrote: I had my brother pick me up some baseball cards when he was over in Japan back in the early 90's. He got me a box of Japanese cards. That's where I got my Japanese rookie cards of Ichiro and Hideki Matsui although I didn't know who they were at the time.
That's a sweet card. I know a gentleman up in the Catskills who has a few of those. He sells only Japanese based card brands and has some crazy stuff of the stars that have made it to the MLB. He's created quite a nice little niche for himself.

(04-23-2015, 07:30 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Sure do.
[Image: IMG_20150126_204456_zpsg99mimkx.jpg]
That is freaking sick! WOW!

(04-23-2015, 07:30 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Sure do.
[Image: IMG_20150126_204456_zpsg99mimkx.jpg]
Just out of curiosity, how much would a card like that pull in an auction? Insane card!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(04-24-2015, 08:54 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much would a card like that pull in an auction? Insane card!
Hard to say. If Harper has a good year (which I'm really hoping for), obviously it would draw a lot more money. If for some magical reason they could both win MVP this year or even get Harper to win it over the next couple years it would get insane money, possibly 5 figures

(04-25-2015, 07:13 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hard to say. If Harper has a good year (which I'm really hoping for), obviously it would draw a lot more money. If for some magical reason they could both win MVP this year or even get Harper to win it over the next couple years it would get insane money, possibly 5 figures
Yeah, that is definitely one of those cards where you go put it in the ole fire-proof safe and lock it up for a while.

That will definitely fetch some serious dollars in a few years for sure.

(04-25-2015, 07:13 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hard to say. If Harper has a good year (which I'm really hoping for), obviously it would draw a lot more money. If for some magical reason they could both win MVP this year or even get Harper to win it over the next couple years it would get insane money, possibly 5 figures
Hey Matt, I have a Chris Owens autograph I pulled if you're interested in trading?

(04-25-2015, 08:46 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Hey Matt, I have a Chris Owens autograph I pulled if you're interested in trading?
I'll ship this morning!