`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best bang for the buck?

Best bang for the buck?
Good day all. Getting back into Nascar recently and looking to purchase some wax. Shame PP went out, hopefully somebody picks it up besides Upper Deck.

What would be a good box to get? What have you got and found to be pretty decent?

I've been looking at Redline (2013) mostly but also Total Memorabilia. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Go Avs Go!

RE: Best bang for the buck?
Hello friend!

I'm with you, I'm ready for someone to pick up the license so we can get back to collecting new cards!

Anyhow, I am a big fan of both Fanfare and Redline. If you want to go a little higher end, Showcase is a nice product too. But with any of these, be careful since PP is out of business now...any redemption you pull will not be fulfilled.

Total Memorabilia is a pretty decent product, but I had a lot of 2014 pulls that had chipping around the edges of the hit...generally the Race Used cards. And again, with PP being gone, these cannot be replaced.

Whatever you choose to buy and rip, please share the break with us! We're all hungry for some new blood and cards around here! (Oh, and keep me in mind if you pull any Jamie McMurray or Kyle Larson, lol!)

Good Luck, friend!
Jason
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

I agree with Jason about Fanfare and Redline. Showcase was really good from 2009-2012. I wouldn't really bother with 2013 unless you get it real cheap ($75 or less) b/c the value just isn't there in most boxes. Total Memorabilia was real good in 2014, but 2013 was really hit or miss. I don't know about 2012 TM. Of course, 2015 Cup Chase was really good if you can find any boxes.
If you wanna go with some older products, I always liked Eclipse and VIP. Going back further, Pinnacle and UD made some great sets in the mid-to-late 90's.
As far as "bang for your buck", I'd say 2011 Fanfare, 2009-2011 Showcase, 2014 Total Memorabilia and 2015 Cup Chase. If you can find any of those, I recommend buying it now.

Thanks gents. I'll take a look around and definitely post a show with my goods.
Go Avs Go!

(04-23-2015, 10:37 PM)stastny26avs Wrote: Thanks gents. I'll take a look around and definitely post a show with my goods.
All we can ask is that you show off what you pull. GL on whatever you decide to buy!!!

Showcase is sweet
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK