`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2014 EEE Hobby vs. Retail Experience

My 2014 EEE Hobby vs. Retail Experience
I just cracked 4 blasters I got off the bay for the same price of a hobby box. The hobby box I opened was a hot box with 10 autos, 3 numbered out of 75, all in a previous post. All in all I was pretty happy with it but I thought I could have had at least one card with a lower number. Here are the four blasters.

[Image: ScannedImage_1.jpg]
[Image: ScannedImage-2_1.jpg]

I also got a Joey Pankake non-auto /10. In my experience, retail was slightly better and nudged out the hobby box for fun factor and value. If my hobby box had not been a hot box the gap would have been much greater. In the last two years, all my low numbered EEE has come from blasters. This year was definitely not as fun as last, I don't think anything will come close to the bonanza of fun from last year's product.

RE: My 2014 EEE Hobby vs. Retail Experience
Last year was awesome. In every blaster I bought I got 3 autos, an 18U mem card, 2 diecuts and another insert or two. It was crazy. I think it might have ruined other retail for me. haha
Kepler

I have done pretty good with Retail this year. I got the same Dermis Garcia redemption as you, plus 3 others. The last one being a Gilbert Lara Orange Die-cut auto to /10. I found 2 retail hangers of 2013 at my local Target and got an Auto and a numbered card and 1 !8U mem card in each box. My best auto was a Mark Appel auto numbered to /50.

The big difference are there are epic fails in this years blasters. $30 a box is not a good deal whereas last year it was a bargain. But there are very good cards coming out of them too, and you are lucky to be getting some. I am very jealous of the Gilbert Lara. Jared, did you stay true to your word and not buy any more? I will watch for sales, but otherwise I think I am done.

(03-07-2015, 11:33 AM)wickercat Wrote: The big difference are there are epic fails in this years blasters. $30 a box is not a good deal whereas last year it was a bargain. But there are very good cards coming out of them too, and you are lucky to be getting some. I am very jealous of the Gilbert Lara. Jared, did you stay true to your word and not buy any more? I will watch for sales, but otherwise I think I am done.
Yep, I bought the one and haven't picked any more up. I've picked up a handful of singles of Twins prospects, but until they get marked down I'm out.

For less than the price of another blaster I've picked 3 Michael Cederoth autos (/699, /100 and /75), 3 Jake Reed autos (/799, /100 and /50), and then Cederoth diecuts /200 and /150 and Reed diecut /10.

I'm glad I've decided to go this route.

Retail was much kinder to most people.

Kepler