`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Really Touched

Really Touched
As some of you know on here I fell on really hard times. I had to sell off both of my PC collection. I had over 600 Yankee game used and autos and over 500 A&G,Gypsy Queen and 206 relics and autos. I had to sell them to just put food on the table. I am not ashamed of doing that because it was my work that went under and nothing I did. I have survived this far and I think I did a great job holding things together. At this time I am in the middle of packing up the house and moving. As I am doing this I do this with tears in my eyes because everything that I worked so hard for went down the tubes. Today I went and got the mail and there was a bubble mailer. I knew I had not traded or sold any cards...I open it up and there was a note saying "surprise surprise free cards!!! Enjoy - Beckett Member" there was 4 cards in there and let's just say they were not commons. I would really like to know who sent them. I don't normally post people's names but if anyone knows who David Schuermann is please let me know so I can thank him properly. I will not lie it brought tears to my eyes and made a sad day into a happy day. I will be returning to trade soon when I get settled and subscribe again. Thank you all of those who sent me messages it is good to see my friends on here actually care for me.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

RE: Really Touched
(02-24-2015, 02:40 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: As some of you know on here I fell on really hard times. I had to sell off both of my PC collection. I had over 600 Yankee game used and autos and over 500 A&G,Gypsy Queen and 206 relics and autos. I had to sell them to just put food on the table. I am not ashamed of doing that because it was my work that went under and nothing I did. I have survived this far and I think I did a great job holding things together. At this time I am in the middle of packing up the house and moving. As I am doing this I do this with tears in my eyes because everything that I worked so hard for went down the tubes. Today I went and got the mail and there was a bubble mailer. I knew I had not traded or sold any cards...I open it up and there was a note saying "surprise surprise free cards!!! Enjoy - Beckett Member" there was 4 cards in there and let's just say they were not commons. I would really like to know who sent them. I don't normally post people's names but if anyone knows who David Schuermann is please let me know so I can thank him properly. I will not lie it brought tears to my eyes and made a sad day into a happy day. I will be returning to trade soon when I get settled and subscribe again. Thank you all of those who sent me messages it is good to see my friends on here actually care for me.
I don't know him, but that is a very touching gesture, as it just brought some tears to my eye as well.

Well Done Beckett Community, Well Done!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

great to hear!! hope things get are getting better for you.

The thing about it is I haven't traded on here for awhile but when I did I was a hardcore trader. I always traded fair and and on the up and up and always sold at fair prices. With everything that has been thrown my way this bubble mailer that showed up today made my day better and lete know that people do care and people can be awesome

Great story...and great to hear you'll be coming back
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

it will be good to be back. I need to get back into it

That is awesome to hear. I hope things start to look up for you real soon my man!

Awesome example of positive human spirit! Usually only hear the negative.

Best wishes to you and a thumb's up the generous gifter!

I just hope I find out who it is. I think I will be ok it will take awhile to gather up my losses and move forward. I'll be ok

I love stories like this. Having seen the worst in people through war it's a breath of fresh air to know that there are selfless, caring, and genuine people out there who hold a persons emotions above material things. A huge thumbs up to the person who surprised you with the package.

This hobby seems to be a roller coaster ride for many and justifiably so since we as 'Baseball' fans tend to have an emotional connection to this great sport. Keep your head up and we'll be seeing you back in the hobby sooner than later. Good luck and I wish you all the best!
-Super Collecting- Ken Griffey Jr. and Chipper Jones (All wants are marked)

-Super Collecting- Vintage Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle.