`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Time to Make A Change in This Hobby

Time to Make A Change in This Hobby
There are so many threads of us collectors complaining about card companies and their tactics of selling "souvenir" "event worn" memorabilia, lets stop talking and do something about it. Below is a link to an online petition that has been started. I am open to editing this petition so please post input. If it should be reworded, fine, I am ready to do something about it instead of reading threads about it. Pass the word and lets get it done.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-mo...-producing
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

RE: Time to Make A Change in This Hobby
I signed it...and agree...in fact I would take it a step further and like to see nothing but cardboard like the old days when the prize card was a simple RC from your favorite player. None of these parallel sets, game worn, autographed cards for me.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Signed. It would be nice to have something in there about parallel numbers. It's ridiculous the amount of parallels or refractors some companies make, and all use the same picture! Topps uses the same picture for Topps and Topps Chrome. Those are the biggest examples I think of right now. and no more combine photos...gotta at least be team training! Just my thoughts lol

I just added my name to the petition - although I'm pretty sure that some of the signatures you already have are not exactly serious (I'm pretty sure that Tajh Boyd and Marshawn Lynch did not actually sign the petition) which is a bad sign.

(02-23-2015, 03:09 PM)savagenate Wrote: Signed. It would be nice to have something in there about parallel numbers. It's ridiculous the amount of parallels or refractors some companies make, and all use the same picture! Topps uses the same picture for Topps and Topps Chrome. Those are the biggest examples I think of right now. and no more combine photos...gotta at least be team training! Just my thoughts lol
Speaking of the parallel and event worn madness, yesterday I picked up a blaster of Topps Fire - great looking cards, btw - the base cards look cool and the Out of the World inserts look pretty awesome. The "big hit" of the blaster was an Eric Ebron relic /25 - I believe the Onyx parallel at 1:996 packs. By the numbers a good pull. However, the only difference between that and the regular relic is the color (this one is black on the top) and the numbering - otherwise, it is still a boring one color event used relic. I seriously doubt that the fact that its numbered to 25 makes much difference versus the no doubt hundreds (thousands?) of other substantially identical Eric Ebron relic cards.

That Playoff (excuse me, Panini) Contenders now has "retail exclusive" relic cards tells us all we need to know about the menace that "event used" cards really are - you take a product that even in blasters used to guarantee an autograph and was known for rookie autographs and you put in worthless one color "event used" relic cards and call it "even."