`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 Goudey Authenticity Question

1933 Goudey Authenticity Question
Do any 1933 Goudey cards have black or dark blueish writing on the back? From my research they were all printed using green ink on the back. Please advise, thank you!
 photo banner_zpsbab74229.jpg

RE: 1933 Goudey Authenticity Question
Correction.

Later issues may have different color (blue) back but the 1933 cards should all be green (at least that is what I was led to believe). However, I'm not 100% on that as this shows otherwise:

[Image: ruth_zpse443cdf1.jpg]
[Image: ruth2_zpsdd1929ed.jpg]

Do you have a scan?

(02-16-2015, 02:33 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Some of them do have different color ink printing on the backs.
But are they authentic or reprints?

This is why I am uncertain still

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=80677

I did a search of 1933 Goudey Blue Back and discovered that this card was from the Charlie Conlon Collection. the only known Blue Back cards are Ruth and Heinie Manush. This particular card sold at Robert Edward Auctions for $7,638. Are you the owner? great card, no reason to question the authenticity on it. It's a well documented card that the collecting world recognizes as authentic.
As far as variation, I have never heard of an authentic 1933 Goudey with any other color printing on back other than green (except the Ruth & Manush).

(02-17-2015, 01:41 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: I did a search of 1933 Goudey Blue Back and discovered that this card was from the Charlie Conlon Collection. the only known Blue Back cards are Ruth and Heinie Manush. This particular card sold at Robert Edward Auctions for $7,638. Are you the owner? great card, no reason to question the authenticity on it. It's a well documented card that the collecting world recognizes as authentic.
As far as variation, I have never heard of an authentic 1933 Goudey with any other color printing on back other than green (except the Ruth & Manush).
Does this strictly apply to the #53 1933 Goudey version of Ruth? Because there are multiple cards in that set that are of Ruth. For instance #181

I just sold a '33 Goudey Ruth #181 in November (the one that was in my bucket). It's the Ruth with the green background. That card had the green writing on the back. I've seen a bunch of different examples of that card and they've all had the green writing on the reverse. I couldn't tell you for sure about the ink variations as I've never found any related articles on PSA's site.

(02-18-2015, 12:36 AM)mancitylover111 Wrote: Does this strictly apply to the #53 1933 Goudey version of Ruth? Because there are multiple cards in that set that are of Ruth. For instance #181
Just the 53 Ruth from what I understand