`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oswaldo Arcia IP auto at Caribbean Series

RE: Oswaldo Arcia IP auto at Caribbean Series
The young guys usually need to be "threatened" by an older guy to take their time and do it right.

In something Michael Cuddyer wrote after Killebrew died, he mentioned that Harmon saw him rushing through. He stopped, walked over to Cuddyer and told him that if he saw him sign his name like that again he was going to leave and Cuddyer would have to explain to the crowd why he left. lol

The older guys really took/take that seriously. And it gets passed down in some cases.
(02-08-2015, 10:21 PM)clarkzac Wrote: Just an example, these are two that were signed within the past year. The 2014 Topps was signed IP in Denver in July
[Image: ArciaOswaldo1_zps89440025_1.jpg]

This Allen and Ginter was signed January 24, 2015 at TwinsFest
[Image: Arcia%20Oswaldo%203_zpsmbyh8nxz_1.jpg]
The Twins Fest one looks pretty good, actually. At least on par with the Topps certified ones I have.
Kepler

Awesome stuff. Congrats and can't wait to see your Cuban ball. It's all scribble scrabbel to me so no further comment needed.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-09-2015, 08:08 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: The young guys usually need to be "threatened" by an older guy to take their time and do it right.
In something Michael Cuddyer wrote after Killebrew died, he mentioned that Harmon saw him rushing through. He stopped, walked over to Cuddyer and told him that if he saw him sign his name like that again he was going to leave and Cuddyer would have to explain to the crowd why he left. lol
The older guys really took/take that seriously. And it gets passed down in some cases.
The Twins Fest one looks pretty good, actually. At least on par with the Topps certified ones I have.
Killebrew had the right idea, and proved it with a beautiful signature. Hopefully the rookies learn to sign rather than initial cards.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.