`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 topps wal mart & target exclusives

2015 topps wal mart & target exclusives
So did topps do away with the target red parallels and the wal mart blue parallels for this year? I see that the Jackie Robinson story is a target exclusive and the babe ruth story is a wal mart exclusive. So are the reds and blues gone? If so a lot of collectors may be unhappy as they looked forward the last few years to finishing those sets.

RE: 2015 topps wal mart & target exclusives
Not sure but I won't miss them personally if they do, those and the toys r us one's should go away imo.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I will be happy if they reduce the color parallels.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Yeah, but red and blue retail variants were cool ... and plentiful! Sometimes the parallel cards were the only hits you'd get from a blaster.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-08-2015, 01:33 AM)paulkellyjr Wrote: I will be happy if they reduce the color parallels.
all my this

Yes I heard it was because of the multi-color design of the cards this year. The only color that rally sold well anyhow was the TRU Purple and then the Yellow from last year still sell pretty good also since they were only found in hanger boxes and once those dried up they were gone.

They were replaced with the Babe Ruth (walmart) and Jackie Robinson (target) cards.

Well, for those who complain that retail is destroying hobby shops, this can only help, if only a little. I personally would love to go to a hobby shop over a retailer because of pack searchers (many of the retail packs I bought last year had damaged cards). Problem for me is, there aren't any good hobby shops around and both the Target and Wal Mart stores in my area have yet to put out any 2015 Topps. I'm going through card ripping withdrawal. Guess I'll have to go online to get them this year. At least until they start shelving the new product.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(02-08-2015, 08:32 AM)sfreinker Wrote: Well, for those who complain that retail is destroying hobby shops, this can only help, if only a little. I personally would love to go to a hobby shop over a retailer because of pack searchers (many of the retail packs I bought last year had damaged cards). Problem for me is, there aren't any good hobby shops around and both the Target and Wal Mart stores in my area have yet to put out any 2015 Topps. I'm going through card ripping withdrawal. Guess I'll have to go online to get them this year. At least until they start shelving the new product.
FYI: 2 out of the 3 Targets in my area got the new cards. The one that didn't gets stocked on Monday, so there's hope that your locals just missed the vender by a day or two. The 3 Walmarts in my area were all card-less ... And the way the card shelves are looking, only one of those will be getting new product. The other 2 haven't had new product since last year.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I liked the TRU purple, hated the reds from Target (I hate target), and the Blues were ok. I think a couple of things happened vis a vi the paralles. 1st we all complained about the shear number of them and needing to collect 24 cards of one player. 2nd, retail drying up because of Walmart cutting back and pack searches destoying the cards. 3rd, new awesome pattern for this year. reens were ugly, yellow were ok. Glad that they cut them back because it was too expensive being a team collector.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

In a related note, I'm 3 cards short of the Jackie Robinson set, if anyone wants to hook a dude up Wink