`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone putting a set of these together?

Is anyone putting a set of these together?
I was wondering if anyone is doing a set of these?
[Image: EC08F708-2E04-4AC4-BA70-2C9BC5C6B574_zpslrlrylen.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Is anyone putting a set of these together?
I already have a set made of them. Tougher than one would think without any numbering in the set!!!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(02-04-2015, 07:53 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I was wondering if anyone is doing a set of these?
[Image: EC08F708-2E04-4AC4-BA70-2C9BC5C6B574_zpslrlrylen.jpg]
Are the any Texas Rangers/Astros/NY Mets/California Angels players in the set? Or is this the completed set? IF you couldn't tell from the teams, I am wondering IF Nolan Ryan is in the set?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-04-2015, 11:25 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Are the any Texas Rangers/Astros/NY Mets/California Angels players in the set? Or is this the completed set? IF you couldn't tell from the teams, I am wondering IF Nolan Ryan is in the set?
That's a really good question!
So far, I've yet to find a Nolan Ryan 'tall boy' card in any archive packs. If so, I'd be happy to send it your way.
although a good looking set of throwback cards, I really had no desire to put a set of these together, but if someone were to do so, they'd have my help. Smile
Like Dominic mentioned, without numbering they're hard to complete, and they're kinda funky to find in the OPG. Every time I look one up, it takes me 4 different tries.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-04-2015, 12:18 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's a really good question!
So far, I've yet to find a Nolan Ryan 'tall boy' card in any archive packs. If so, I'd be happy to send it your way.
although a good looking set of throwback cards, I really had no desire to put a set of these together, but if someone were to do so, they'd have my help. Smile
Like Dominic mentioned, without numbering they're hard to complete, and they're kinda funky to find in the OPG. Every time I look one up, it takes me 4 different tries.
Alright, Thanks a lot!! That takes me to my next question. What are these? What year? What product (card manufacturer)?

Love the Mitchell and the Clark!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(02-04-2015, 12:37 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Alright, Thanks a lot!! That takes me to my next question. What are these? What year? What product (card manufacturer)?
Sorry 'bout that, chief!
2013 Topps Archives inserts called "tall boys" .. An homage to one of their early basketball card sets. These are the same height as a standard card, but thinner in width. Just sayin' 'cause without a frame of reference these could be mini cards, or huge oversized cards, as the name "tall boy" might imply.
BTW, That year there was also a retro-ice hockey design insert set, too. They were kind of cool. (Pun intended Smile )

(02-04-2015, 12:37 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Alright, Thanks a lot!! That takes me to my next question. What are these? What year? What product (card manufacturer)?
2013 Archives "Mini Tall Boys"
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2013/top...tall-boys/

Doesn't look like there is a Nolan in the set.

Edit++ Damn the Dr is a bit faster on the keyboard than me today Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-04-2015, 01:33 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sorry 'bout that, chief!
2013 Topps Archives inserts called "tall boys" .. An homage to one of their early basketball card sets. These are the same height as a standard card, but thinner in width. Just sayin' 'cause without a frame of reference these could be mini cards, or huge oversized cards, as the name "tall boy" might imply.
BTW, That year there was also a retro-ice hockey design insert set, too. They were kind of cool. (Pun intended Smile )
Thanks Doc!!
(02-04-2015, 01:37 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: 2013 Archives "Mini Tall Boys"
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2013/top...tall-boys/

Doesn't look like there is a Nolan in the set.

Edit++ Damn the Dr is a bit faster on the keyboard than me today Smile
Thanks man!!

(02-04-2015, 11:25 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Are the any Texas Rangers/Astros/NY Mets/California Angels players in the set? Or is this the completed set? IF you couldn't tell from the teams, I am wondering IF Nolan Ryan is in the set?
Set of 40. I do not see Nolan Ryan in the list.