`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question?

Question?
How do you tell the difference between Topps Valor and Topps Valor Retail? Thanks in advance for all and any help.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

RE: Question?
thickness, im fairly certain. it isnt a huge difference, but retail is thinner

I've heard that hobby is a hair thicker, and that the "smokey" colors are brighter. I gave up trying to tell. For my personal collection, I could care less which version it is. Ridiculous that they do this with cards...

(02-01-2015, 01:31 AM)savagenate Wrote: Ridiculous that they do this with cards...
X10
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-01-2015, 01:31 AM)savagenate Wrote: Ridiculous that they do this with cards...
+1000 I absolutely hate when card companies make different retail and hobby versions of the same product. At least when Playoff was doing it in the mid-90s they made it clear as the products were either named differently (1995 Playoff Absolute vs. Playoff Prime) or made the cards significantly different and included an easy identifier (like "SSD" for hobby). Subtle differences are a pain to tell apart, and not identifying the retail products as being different on the packaging is another big peeve of mine (Pacific was really bad about this, but it looks like the problem hasn't gone away). I hate seeing boxes of Crown Royale in retail and getting excited only to open them and see that they are different from the hobby cards and worth significantly less.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-03-2015, 12:32 PM)djohn Wrote: "I hate seeing boxes of Crown Royale in retail and getting excited only to open them and see that they are different from the hobby cards and worth significantly less."
I bought a bunch of Crown Royale retail this year, and from what I can tell, yes the colors are different and the Silohuettes have no auto's but is there also a difference in quality? I have bought both and don't see much of a difference, and sales of both have been pretty consistent with each other. Just a question, thanks