`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 PRO SET MICHAEL IRVIN ROOKIE...AUTO???

1989 PRO SET MICHAEL IRVIN ROOKIE...AUTO???
does anyone know anything about this card? is it legit, i can't find it in the opg. any help would be appreciated! it has authentic stamped in bottom left corner

photo Scan_zpsa7bed0bb.jpg

RE: 1989 PRO SET MICHAEL IRVIN ROOKIE...AUTO???
I saw a website commenting about his rookies and the picture they used is seemingly another example from this series:

http://www.sportscardradio.com/football-...-checklist

The signature doesn't have his jersey # on it, though that's not entirely conclusive. Check out a google search of his Pro Line autographs from the early 90s. They may be the best exemplars of his signature from that era.

As for the stamp, I did read that Pro Set/Pro Line did stamp cards but it would seem odd that only Irvin signed for the company in 89. He was the 11th overall pick in '88 but Tim Brown and Sterling Sharpe drafted before him and they had arguably better rookie seasons. Not sure why he would represent the brand.

In the end I can't say for sure if it's legit or not but I doubt it came from packs in 89. More likely a buyback or excess stock was retained and signed later. Assuming it's a legit sig. Hoping someone else has more info for you.

It appears to be some sort of buyback. I
I've never seen this particular card before, I have seen the 1989 Score buy back auto before.
If it turns out to be legit I'm definitely interested in it.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

If want to sell I'd be interested I collect cowboys
TradePage: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/my...cessbella/
101st Airborne-Ft. Campbell, KY!!
I trade by SV
[Image: russellmg25Banner.jpg]

Yeah, i would agree to it being a buy back of some sort. Which might actually be found all the way in 2000 years. They were pretty popular doing things like this from around 2000-2002. i would start there! Good luck
[Image: Colts%20Banner_zpshchgtzzb.jpg]