`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Yankees/Red Sox fans (Frenemies?): Post your best cards of your great rivals

RE: Yankees/Red Sox fans (Frenemies?): Post your best cards of your great rivals
(01-23-2015, 08:27 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Seems I'm having trouble posting from Photo bucket at this time but will get some up as soon as I can. Maybe I can even tempt you to trade that card to me. Smile
I might consider half Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Yankees/Red Sox fans (Frenemies?): Post your best cards of your great rivals
(01-23-2015, 10:18 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I might consider half Smile
lol, now that's funny!

(01-22-2015, 02:44 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: Not a fan of either team, I respect them though and some, not all, of the players on these teams. The history both clubs have is integral to the the history of the game.with that said, here's mine, sorry no vintage or inserts. I only collect autos
think I'll stop there for now, plenty of Red Sox and Yankees both to go.
Wow...really awesome stuff!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Very fun thread and some really cool cards. The rivalry has certainly lost much of its luster recently. And now with Jeter gone and Ortiz most likely to hang it up in a few years, I'm not sure if we'll ever get back to those days of yesteryear when it was without question the best rivalry in baseball and perhaps all of sports.

Hopefully these two evil empires and their fans can reignite the hatred in the upcoming seasons with a new cast of characters and captivating story lines.

(01-24-2015, 04:08 AM)KobeJames Wrote: Very fun thread and some really cool cards. The rivalry has certainly lost much of its luster recently. And now with Jeter gone and Ortiz most likely to hang it up in a few years, I'm not sure if we'll ever get back to those days of yesteryear when it was without question the best rivalry in baseball and perhaps all of sports.

Hopefully these two evil empires and their fans can reignite the hatred in the upcoming seasons with a new cast of characters and captivating story lines.
If it's lost it's luster, don't tell those of us living in New England or New York. We still hate each other immensely (the teams). All we need to renew it for the rest of you is for both teams to be competitive again and meet in the playoffs. I literally talk on a daily basis with a multitude people about how much I hate the Yankees. That being said, I love when they're both competitive so there's a chance of an October series.

(01-24-2015, 07:27 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: If it's lost it's luster, don't tell those of us living in New England or New York. We still hate each other immensely (the teams). All we need to renew it for the rest of you is for both teams to be competitive again and meet in the playoffs. I literally talk on a daily basis with a multitude people about how much I hate the Yankees. That being said, I love when they're both competitive so there's a chance of an October series.
I think that the whole wild card situation was designed purposely so when the Yankees and Red Sox both had better win percentages than the rest of the AL West they could beat up on each other just a little more Smile. (Now there seems to be that west coast shift of power for now.) We might just have to pause so both teams can renew, refresh and rejuvenate the rivalry. I think instant replay takes away some of the controversy that helps to make the foundation for the building up of hatred between these competitors. A blown call here, a collision at the plate there .... Ya'know?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I collect H.O.F autographs whenever possible so here are some that I’ll hold onto, a couple are for trade for the right cards in return though.

[Image: pPyLFWC.jpg]
2009 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Signatures #DJ1 Derek Jeter 18/50
This is a keeper as part of my HOF collection also because this is an all-star signature and he’s not wearing a Yankee hat. I know he’s not in yet but I can be realistic sometimes and admit it is inevitable.

[Image: u57Rfmk.jpg]
2014 Finest Greats Autographs X-Fractors #FGAMR Mariano Rivera 35/149
Wife pulled this one for me this year. It’ll stay on my HOF pc because of the same reason I admitted to for that guy on the card above this one.

[Image: s7INg2V.jpg]
2003 Upper Deck Yankees Signature Pride of New York Autographs #PN Phil Niekro
Will stay in my PC.

[Image: tIJlc6C.jpg?1]
2014 Topps Supreme Simply Supreme Autographs Orange #SSUMR Mariano Rivera 11/15
This card is for trade!

[Image: FMTLGrU.jpg]
2007 Sweet Spot Classic Signatures Red Stitch Black Ink #BO Wade Boggs 5/75
This card is for trade, looking for a Boggs Autograph in a Red Sox uniform.

[Image: 6Ljbbys.jpg?1]
2014 Topps Five Star Autographs #FSAJP Jorge Posada 122/149
Tradable for the right card, also because I don’t think he’s getting in the hall.

Thanks for looking,
Rob

Hey Rob,
That's one heck of a nice Yankee collection! The first 2 cards blow away most of my Yankee collection! Awesome! Wish I had a Boggs to swap with you.... And something tradeworthy of that Mariano!

(01-27-2015, 09:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey Rob,
That's one heck of a nice Yankee collection! The first 2 cards blow away most of my Yankee collection! Awesome! Wish I had a Boggs to swap with you.... And something tradeworthy of that Mariano!
Sorry it took me so long to post but my photo bucket still isn't working correctly. Used a different site for these and that's why they are so big. Have a Ruth Relic I still need to post.

Nice cards Rob. And yes Doc, I agree. Get rid of instant replay and I'll raise you with give me back home plate collisions.