Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Trend Buying on THE BAY

New Trend Buying on THE BAY
Have you guys encountered this?

You buy card, and you know a lot of us hawk the good prices on there. SO I find a Giovanni that I win for like $3.50. Guy prints a label but never ships.

Whats the worst that happens? I ask for a refund and he wins because he didn't get the true price he was hoping for. He cancels the label and gets his shipping refund. He's then free to try to sell again at a higher price.

Its driving me nuts and if you are doing it STOP because its this same stuff that lurks in this hobby everywhere. CROOKS.

There are so many good traders and good collectors and I just feel it gets tainted by these card show sharks and people like this (he's a shop owner too).

Looking for Carson Wentz Autos and Notre Dame Autos

RE: New Trend Buying on THE BAY
I would say, don't ask for a refund. Wait until the time has expired for him to send (which is what now, 4 days? 2 weeks? I can't remember), and if he still hasn't sent, file a claim through eBay and give him a negative. If you ask for a refund and you don't escalate it through eBay, then it just looks as if you both cancelled the transaction.

+1 on the opening a case. Thats happened to me twice, and its quite obnoxious. Its strange how fast the sellers acts when he sees that little red circle pop up.
PI

Thats what I was trying to point out. That its at no real cost to him. He has over 5000 transactions and about 20 negatives and they all say the same thing "created fake label and never sent" the kicker is every single one of them was a sports card that sold under value.

I pointed it out to eBay and to him, and said if he doesn't ship today I will report it and low and behold it says my item was picked up by the carrier today. The label was created 8 days ago LOL.

(01-26-2015, 04:09 PM)winningsforthebirds Wrote: Thats what I was trying to point out. That its at no real cost to him. He has over 5000 transactions and about 20 negatives and they all say the same thing "created fake label and never sent" the kicker is every single one of them was a sports card that sold under value.

I pointed it out to eBay and to him, and said if he doesn't ship today I will report it and low and behold it says my item was picked up by the carrier today. The label was created 8 days ago LOL.
Yeah, sometimes you have to be a jerk to get them to do stuff. I haven't had to do it very often, but thankfully when I did, they decided that getting eBay involved in it wasn't in their best interest.

(01-26-2015, 04:09 PM)winningsforthebirds Wrote: He has over 5000 transactions and about 20 negatives and they all say the same thing "created fake label and never sent" the kicker is every single one of them was a sports card that sold under value.

Why would you buy something from someone who has multiple negatives that say the same thing?

That's a red flag to me. It's obvious this seller has a history of doing this.

Like what everyone has said, be patient and wait, then open a case and leave a negative. And maybe more importantly, OUT HIM ON ANY FORUM THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF!!!
Tell everyone his ebay name and what he's doing so people will avoid/block his azz.

KB-Sportscardshobbies on ebay. Well normally I look at the seller rating which was 99.1 percent. He basically looks like he only does it when the card sells for ultra low.

I guess there is a small outside chance that he just isn't good at eBay, and takes 2 weeks to ship stuff that has a low selling price. A lot of people wrote that they didn't get their stuff until they opened a case.

I'm a pro on ebay I'm a power seller and what not and know the ins and outs thats why this bothers me. My negative feedback only goes so far. So yeah I'll report him and what not but like you said and my original post he knows that the reward outweighs the risk unless eBay boots him for good.

Just had this happen to me on an Aaron Rodgers 2012 Absolute Spectrum Blue /100. Got it for 0.99, and the dude never shipped, never replied to my questions. opened a case, and got my cents back, but I feel like there's been times people have either not shipped, or take forever to ship, as a passive aggressive way of getting back at the buyer for getting a deal. It's stupid.

(01-27-2015, 03:17 AM)savagenate Wrote: Just had this happen to me on an Aaron Rodgers 2012 Absolute Spectrum Blue /100. Got it for 0.99, and the dude never shipped, never replied to my questions. opened a case, and got my cents back, but I feel like there's been times people have either not shipped, or take forever to ship, as a passive aggressive way of getting back at the buyer for getting a deal. It's stupid.
Thats exactly what I think is going on. "Oh I didn't get the price I wanted so I'll just not send"