`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Possible future HOF's

Possible future HOF's
I was going through some 90's cards, and my mind kept getting caught up with an internal debate on whether or not I should keep leafing through the cards or just throw the box away in a fit of rage. Then, I started to find some cool rookies. Todd Helton, Carlos Beltran,and Jeff Bagwell kept popping up looking like little kids.I thought to myself, "Whose going to Cooperstown and who won't?" So, I decided to post this thread. Which currently on the ballot, newly retired, or aging veteran players will make it to the Hall?
My ideas:
Definite: Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Caros Beltran, Ken Griffey Jr., Albert Pujols, and Jeff Bagwell
50/50: Todd Helton, Vlad, Trevor Hoffman, Ivan Rodriguez, Jim Thome
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

RE: Possible future HOF's
Beltran is far from definite in my mind... Consistently good player, but never elite in my book... Approached it, but never achieved it. I've read a few articles making the case, and they make some good points, but I still don't see it. Career WAR can suck it...

In my book...
Vlad = absolutely.
Thome = strong possibility. 600+ homers, absolutely no PED rumors and being a beast of a human being gets the automatic nod in my book. Goes against my argument with beltran about very good, not great, but he stands out in the most popular statistic in baseball.
Hoffman- I hope not. He was a great closer, but I kind of view the closer role like I would being a punter or a kicker in football... You need some Vinatieri type championship stuff, or extreme dominance in your craft. Maybe he gets in one day, but it will in Ray Guy fashion.
Helton- I don't think he gets in... Was cut just a few years of dominant play short.
Pudge- I sure hope so... 14X all star, 13X gold glove, MVP award, world series MVP. Not named on the Mitchell report, wasn't positive in the testing of 2004. Only real slight is that Canseco claims to have shot him in the butt with a needle.

The amount of influence Jose Canseco has over the Hall of Fame is extremely disturbing.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I agree Beltran will be one of those 30-40% guys but I dont think "elite of the era" when I think of him. Ill be interested to see how the voting goes for Pujols with the small amount of pure rumor on steroids, nothing proven just small whispers. Same deal Pudge will face, also to the some extent what Bagwell is facing.
I know hes not on any of the "automatic numbers" list yet but I think Miguel Cabrera has done enough to edge onto that definite list.
Because I am in the minority among baseball fans it feels, how do we feel about Boston's beloved David Ortiz? He only does one thing and hes got rumors.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

Here are my nom's for current players....barring injury:

Muguel Cabrera
Pujols
Ichiro
Kershaw
King Felix
(holding out on Trout til after this season)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-23-2015, 06:47 PM)bondssf2425 Wrote: I agree Beltran will be one of those 30-40% guys but I dont think "elite of the era" when I think of him. Ill be interested to see how the voting goes for Pujols with the small amount of pure rumor on steroids, nothing proven just small whispers. Same deal Pudge will face, also to the some extent what Bagwell is facing.
I know hes not on any of the "automatic numbers" list yet but I think Miguel Cabrera has done enough to edge onto that definite list.
Because I am in the minority among baseball fans it feels, how do we feel about Boston's beloved David Ortiz? He only does one thing and hes got rumors.
I think Ortiz's postseason heroics coupled with the fact he is as close to a lock for 500 home runs as anyone in baseball today point to a definite enshrinement. Pujols was the best in baseball for nearly 10 years, and it has never been proven or even reached a true investigation on his alleged sterid use. Those two are 100% in.

(01-23-2015, 07:48 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Here are my nom's for current players....barring injury:

Muguel Cabrera
Pujols
Ichiro
Kershaw
King Felix
+1. Also, if he has 5 more good years, Bumgarner. Also, a couple more good years from Andrew Mccutchen and Robinson Cano would seal the deal. What is your opinion on Adam Wainwright?

I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige

(01-23-2015, 07:48 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Here are my nom's for current players....barring injury:

Muguel Cabrera
Pujols
Ichiro
Kershaw
King Felix
Cabrera, Pujols and Ichiro could never play another game and all 3 will be 1st ballot HOFers.

I agree with Kershaw and Felix. Need a few more years of doing what they've done so far.

I say the recently retired to go to the HOF will be Helton, Jeter, Griffey Jr, C. Jones. These players all have great numbers both offensively & defensively.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(01-23-2015, 08:59 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I say the recently retired to go to the HOF will be Helton, Jeter, Griffey Jr, C. Jones. These players all have great numbers both offensively & defensively.
The only question that comes to mind is will they count off from Helton because he played at Coors?