`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Wal-Mart Done w/ Cards?

RE: Is Wal-Mart Done w/ Cards?
I think the only people I ever see near the cards are pack searchers so it can't be a very profitable product at this point.

My walmart stopped carrying A few years back, and the targets just stopped. Bummer... Although it will help me stay focused on my PC! The past three target trips where I wanted to buy a blaster but they were sold out, I allowed myself to spend the $22 bucks on eBay instead... Got some colored rc autos of pc players, which is a far better pull than any blaster I've ever opened!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(01-18-2015, 12:08 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: This is incorrect. I worked in loss prevention for 9 years and Walmart does care about the cards. Yes it's third party but it's still was arts security that controls everything in the store.
I worked at Wal*Mart for 14 years as a department and zone manager and my experience was quite a bit different. I think I stopped more kids stealing Pokemon cards on my breaks than they did the whole time I worked there. I was told when I found stolen stuff to just toss it, because it wasn't our product anyways. Maybe it's a case of one store taking it more seriously than another.

That's being said, my store security used to call associates away from departments they were tracking potential shoplifters in, just to give the shoplifter more of a chance to steal and get caught. We were #1 in the district for apprehensions.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Hobby shops may complain, but in reality, card companies get much of their revenue from retail. If cards get eliminated from retail chain stores, it'll put the card companies out of business. Many people are like me in that the closest shop to me is about a hour away and I'm not going go drop $100 on a box and get nothing. I'd rather drop $20 and get nothing then drop $100 and get nothing.

It seems that way. There are 4 Wal-Marts in my city alone, all of which don't seem to be stocking much baseball the last couple of months. There's usually no more than a hanger or two of Update. Same with Target. There is lots of football and have noticed an increase in hockey. I don't know, maybe it's a seasonal thing. Around August and September, there was every retail release you could think of at Target; Wal-Mart has had a thin selection in comparison.

But yeah, the lack of restock might be a seasonal thing, or possible preparation for 2015 product.

I went to my local Wally World so I could get some bubble mailers for cards (including CSpen's). I looked at that card section, very weak and no discounts
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

Haven't seen any baseball blasters at the WalMarts/Targets here. I've seen rack packs and hockey/football/basketball blasters and that's about it.
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(01-18-2015, 02:20 AM)slufan83 Wrote: Lately I've noticed that my local Wal-Mart hadn't added anything new. It's been a few weeks since I've been in but decided to make a stop after seeing American Sniper tonight. I went over to the card section after getting what groceries I needed and it was completely ravaged. Hardly anything there and it looks as though it hadn't even been organized or tidied up in weeks. There was literally 3 hanger packs of some older UD college cards and maybe 15-20 blasters left of lame HIT and Score products. Has anyone else noticed their local Wal-Mart looking like this?
The 3 closest Wally worlds to me all look the way you are describing them. A barren wasteland with nothing good at all.
Master set builder always looking for SP's from Heritage, A&G, and Goudey
also c
ollecting all things Claudell Washington and Justin Ruggiano
http://s243.photo
bucket.com/albums/ff230/heatert/

The one down by me has a small section of sports cards, but mostly Magic, Pokémon, etc. They have more football than baseball, but I have kind of noticed that they get shipments of new products when they are released, but once they are gone, then that's it. They don't restock until something else new comes out. That being said, I think over time I have purchased all of their Bowman Baseball and Bowman Platinum blasters and rack packs and I haven't seen anything new. I usually only buy retail when I have to go to Wally World for other things and then somehow get sucked into the small area where the cards are and buy some while I'm there haha.

(01-20-2015, 02:49 PM)ryno8669 Wrote: then somehow get sucked into the small area where the cards are and buy some while I'm there haha.
I think we all feel that "sucking" effect when we go there or to Target.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.