`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2009 Mayo jersey relic Britt front / Andre Brown back

2009 Mayo jersey relic Britt front / Andre Brown back
I started collecting again about 10 years ago. Not really focused on error cards but while adding my Mayo cards to Beckett organize I came across a 2009 Mayo Kenny Britt jersey card with an Andre Brown back.

Curious if this is more of an oddity or is there some segment of the hobby that collects these kind of cards. Anyway to tell how rare this is? I remember some of the 2006 Donruss base cards had backs that did not match the front but they were pretty common.

The way jersey cards are made I would think a incorrect back would be unusual.

RE: 2009 Mayo jersey relic Britt front / Andre Brown back
Wrong-backs are uncommon but they do happen. It is surprising that it would happen with a memorabilia card, but I guess the process they made those particular cards allowed for wrong-backs (considering you have one). Overall there isn't much of a collector base for wrong-backs. There are definitely some people that collect them, and some player collector's pick them up as unique additions to their PCs. However there really isn't any premium for them, since most people want the correct card and not a card with manufacturing flaws. The one exception would be if a larger volume of the cards had the wrong-backs, enough so that they might warrant listing the version as an "error". However I don't believe this has ever happened for wrong-backed cards. Typically wrong backs occur less than 1% of the time, and to get the "error" listing I would think that it would have to be closer to 10% or more of the print run with this manufacturing defect. In essence a manufacturing defect that was repeated many times over could be considered an error, but happening just a few times wouldn't warrant calling it an error.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 2009 Mayo jersey relic Britt front / Andre Brown back
(01-16-2015, 02:07 PM)djohn Wrote: Wrong-backs are uncommon but they do happen. It is surprising that it would happen with a memorabilia card, but I guess the process they made those particular cards allowed for wrong-backs (considering you have one). Overall there isn't much of a collector base for wrong-backs. There are definitely some people that collect them, and some player collector's pick them up as unique additions to their PCs. However there really isn't any premium for them, since most people want the correct card and not a card with manufacturing flaws. The one exception would be if a larger volume of the cards had the wrong-backs, enough so that they might warrant listing the version as an "error". However I don't believe this has ever happened for wrong-backed cards. Typically wrong backs occur less than 1% of the time, and to get the "error" listing I would think that it would have to be closer to 10% or more of the print run with this manufacturing defect. In essence a manufacturing defect that was repeated many times over could be considered an error, but happening just a few times wouldn't warrant calling it an error.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, really appreciate. Do you mind answering another question ? The same 2009 Mayo cards I have been adding to organize Ihaveami mini Ed Reed, no number on the back, the back is dark blue but it is not one of the Harvard, Yale etc. which have a different color back and a letter H or Y.

Only thing on the back of the card is the Mayo logo. I can scan it in if interested. Again, just curious about the card because I do not see it in Beckett organize, definitely not a printing plate. Looks like a normal mini on the front.

Thanks for the input/feedback/answer. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.