`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Leaf Perfect Game

2014 Leaf Perfect Game
The only really great thing about a prospect product like this, IMO, is that you really don't know if you did good or bad until 2-3 years later.
25 autos per box ... Couldn't be bad, right? Here it is ....
[Image: null_zpse5a3f185.jpg]
Randolph relic, Ford relic /5, Mitchell /10, Poirier /5
[Image: null_zpsa6e8336b.jpg]
Mercer /50, Poirier /50, Ramzy /50, Blair /50, Arzaga/50 ... Nice sig?
[Image: null_zps34a0e837.jpg]
Montgomery /25, Brown /25, Shumpert /25, Harris
[Image: null_zps90e337a9.jpg]
Metten,Woolfolk, Byrne, Russ
[Image: null_zps3bffb677.jpg]
Ramzy, McMillan, Carpenter, R.Evans
[Image: null_zpseb25e43b.jpg]
D. Evans, McFadden, Dugas, Herron

Lots of prospects, decent low numbered cards, long shot of success, but a nice product for prospecting, IMO.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2014 Leaf Perfect Game
Those jumbo relic cards are pretty sharp.

(01-06-2015, 07:41 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Those jumbo relic cards are pretty sharp.
Thanks!
Leaf puts out a nice product. At reg price $120-ish ... Not great, but at $65 for 25 autos?!? Seemed like a no-brainer. I like the way it was packaged.
Now I have some names to look for as players come up in the minors. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was really close to picking up a box during Black Friday sales, however I passed on them. I agree that you have to be patient and wait a few years before knowing if you got a great card. I love opening these and then storing them away for a couple years and then going back and checking to see if I got anyone big. I used to do that with the USA boxed sets, as they tend to have a few good prospects in them as well. Hopefully in a couple years you find that you did well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The key is to move these as soon as the guys get drafted, as once they have a licensed card, these carry very little value. But I bought a deeply discounted box a couple of years ago and now have the first auto of Bobby Bradley, who was an Indians draftee, so it can lead to some nice surprises for sure!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

i actually really dig the design. im not even sure why, but it reminds me of being a kid in the late 70's. i cant explain it

(01-07-2015, 11:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i actually really dig the design. im not even sure why, but it reminds me of being a kid in the late 70's. i cant explain it
Maybe because the cards are of kids who were playing in the little league world series few years ago?
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

This defines "loaded box".
Simple and clear design. I like it.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

(01-07-2015, 11:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i actually really dig the design. im not even sure why, but it reminds me of being a kid in the late 70's. i cant explain it
Yeah, I was pretty happy with them, too. The design is simple and made with the autograph in mind, not as an afterthought. I can't remember any specific older card design that resembles these, but there is certainly a mid to late 70s vibe there with the exception of the full color bleed. If the photo was "framed" with white borders outside of the Stars ... It would be even more 70s-ish, for sure.