`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heritage Minor League

Heritage Minor League
Beings that I am a decent fan of the AAA team in Round Rock, the other day when I was at a card shop in Austin, I picked up a pack of 2013 Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball. Being newly back into the hobby, I didn't know there was this product and got ideas of a new PC to start.

I looked at the checklists on CBC, and there isn't any cards from the Round Rock Express. I saw Frisco Rough Riders and Corpus Christi Hooks, so thought maybe they only did AA ball in the cards and no AAA. But then I saw some players from Albuquerque Isotopes which is AAA.

Anyone know much about this product? Like, how long they have been making it (I know at least 2013 and 2014). Could it just be that there aren't any players in Round Rock that weren't deemed worthy of a card?

Also, just curious how folks generally like this product. If anyone has any up for trade, let me know. I know there are some players from other teams that I am interested in getting, but just not sure if I want to throw the money in on the boxes.

RE: Heritage Minor League
I like the product, 2 autos and other goodies. As you said though with only 200 cards in the set you can't get every team involved AND because of the licenses it is also possible that anyone interesting on Round Rock has already been on a major league card (No, not a Bowman prospect card) and thus would not have a card.

And if a player such as Alfaro or Gallo was brought up to RR in July but started with Frisco, then his card would say Frisco because of time needed to prep the set.

RIch
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.