`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Buying on COMC

RE: Buying on COMC
I use both COMC and SportLots. The upsides to COMC is a single shipping cost no matter how many cards you buy and the scans of front and back of every card. The upside to SportLots is that the prices can be much lower for base cards for sets and if you find a bunch from the same seller then the shipping isn't too bad. Definitely check each seller's shipping costs on SportLots as there are some BIG variances amongst different sellers. There are many other sites as well, such as JustCommons, but I haven't tried them out.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

So, I just saw something on Ebay that brought up a question. Some of ya'll in this thread have mentioned that on COMC sellers sometimes have a setting turned on to automatically accept offers if they are within, say 20% of the seller's price.

I made a $3.55 offer on Ebay for a card that the original price was $4. Literally a soon as I confirm the offer, it gave me the notification that my offer was accepted. For any of you that sell on Ebay, do they have the same kind of option to automatically accept offers within a certain range? If so, is there a maximum percentage of the original price, or what do you normally find it as being?

I have never used COMC. I tried buying a card once but I had to like sign up and become a member and I remember it was a pain so I just said the hell with it.

(01-13-2015, 09:07 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: So, I just saw something on Ebay that brought up a question. Some of ya'll in this thread have mentioned that on COMC sellers sometimes have a setting turned on to automatically accept offers if they are within, say 20% of the seller's price.

I made a $3.55 offer on Ebay for a card that the original price was $4. Literally a soon as I confirm the offer, it gave me the notification that my offer was accepted. For any of you that sell on Ebay, do they have the same kind of option to automatically accept offers within a certain range? If so, is there a maximum percentage of the original price, or what do you normally find it as being?
Seller on Ebay can set a price at which they will accept on offer. For ex. if I list a card at 6.00 buy it know, I can set an auto accept at anything below that. I usually do 2/3 what I have it list for so 6.00 becomes 4.00.

Always wonder why some people never put in offers.

I buy singles from COMC a couple times a year to get my collecting back going. Usually just PC stuff. Never had an issue. Sometimes you have to cross check pricing because for whatever reason their numbers aren't always up to date, and sometimes their descriptions are a little off, but with a little extra time it's not a problem.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile