`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this how it all started, Bill?

Is this how it all started, Bill?
Saw this why going through some cards ....
Hard to believe all the negative reporting about such a highly respected human being. Hopefully it's not true, but so many people are validating it, hard to refute it, and 40 years later harder to prove it. Time will tell, I guess.
[Image: 7440495c721cd591a23cc275b0124a74_zpsc7193c68.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Is this how it all started, Bill?
Sad, sad state of affairs.

These flashbacks are cool inserts in Heritage....however I think they are branching out into Series 1 of 2015. To much of a good thing?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Such a despiccable human being if all the accusations are true. Innocent until proven guilty though.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

All I can think of when I see his face are Jello Pudding Pops.

(12-21-2014, 06:47 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Sad, sad state of affairs.

These flashbacks are cool inserts in Heritage....however I think they are branching out into Series 1 of 2015. To much of a good thing?
I dunno ... Teaching history in such a passive manor can't be bad. I enjoy the flashbacks, but perhaps Series 1 of 2015 isn't the best venue ... Archives, A&G and GQ are all designed for the retro info. Keeping it limited to those products makes more sense to me.

(12-21-2014, 07:38 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Such a despiccable human being if all the accusations are true. Innocent until proven guilty though.
What gets me is the length of time ... Sure, scared, vulnerable young girls trying to break into the industry, one of the most influential stars on TV for about 20+ years, not wanting to rock the boat, ruin your shot at a chance in show biz .... Understandable ... But 40 years later???
Horrible if its true.
But ... 1970's ... Sex ... Drugs ... Playboy mansion ... Seems as if there was no shortage of sex and drugs at all these parties .... All I'm saying is after 40 years is anyone really remembering correctly, or has the time changed the circumstances of these memories? I talk to buddies about our times in college, and our stories, and what we remember are quite different sometimes.... Sometimes? No, most of the time!

Anyway, SNL did a Weekend Update news blurb ... About Kathy Lee Gifford stating that during a Comedy Tour she refused Cosby's advances towards her when she was working as a backup singer on the tour ... The joke being that they were astounded that KLG passed up a glass of wine Smile ... And why did Cosby have back up singers on a Comedy Tour?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-21-2014, 11:07 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: And why did Cosby have back up singers on a Comedy Tour?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Cosby. as noted,. did have several reasonably successful singles.
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

Thanks ... Never knew that about Cosby

I'd imagine if Topps had a crystal ball they probably wouldn't have used that picture for this card. Or they would've just skipped that one altogether.

Hopefully the truth will come out - whatever that is - and people will be able to move on. Whether that's through lawsuits/hush money/settlements or public apologies and defamation lawsuits.(Simply because the pessimist in me sees those as the likely outcomes)
Kepler

(12-22-2014, 02:38 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'd imagine if Topps had a crystal ball they probably wouldn't have used that picture for this card. Or they would've just skipped that one altogether.

Hopefully the truth will come out - whatever that is - and people will be able to move on. Whether that's through lawsuits/hush money/settlements or public apologies and defamation lawsuits.(Simply because the pessimist in me sees those as the likely outcomes)
Yeah, I guess a really good picture with incredibly bad timing.

I wonder if people that spent many, many years with him had any issue. i.e. his Huxtable TV Family.... Lisa Bonet, Phylicia Rashad, Raven, etc. etc.?