`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KERSHAW VALUE QUESTION?

RE: KERSHAW VALUE QUESTION?
(12-06-2014, 09:39 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont buy on ebay at all so I really dont know, but all I ever hear about is shady dealers. I know there's countless legit sellers, but is it as bad as I think (50% d-bags)?
+1 I don't buy from eBay either. Too risky for me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(12-07-2014, 02:28 PM)zeprock Wrote: +1 I don't buy from eBay either. Too risky for me.
There's virtually no risk to buy, the system is set up in favor of buyers. I have thousands of transactions as a buyer and never been screwed over. Plenty of times cards weren't delivered to me, but you open up a case and you win. You should really reconsider your mindset on this.

As a seller though, that's a different story
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(12-06-2014, 09:07 PM)jborruso Wrote: UPDATE do not by from him he writes this a day later
Hello sir. My 17 year old son apparently has listed this card while I was out of town and did not have my permission to do so. He has access to my account but isn't allowed to sell unless I do it. And then he relists the card again a few days later and sells for 150.
That scam is used alot..he does not have a son and he listed the card and sold it too low..
Call eBay and report him..he can not sell..give a lame story and then relist at higher price..it is obvious and eBay does police this sort of thing

I too have thousands of Ebay transactions and I've never one time gotten screwed. Ebay sets it up so you are protected 100% as a buyer. I have received packages twice (out of thousands) that somebody just tossed a card into a plain white envelope and the card was destroyed but both times the seller refunded my money. Even if the seller tells you tough luck, all you do is open a case with Ebay and they lose it three days later. The system is so overly protective towards the buyers that the sellers are the ones that run the most risk of getting the short end of the stick.

I don't sell too much on Ebay but I'd say I have maybe 250 as a seller and I've still never gotten screwed there either. All you have to do is package correctly, insure it if it is warranted and get a tracking number. Most of the time that solves almost all the problems you will encounter. And if you feel really shaky about the buyer, make them go to the Post Office and sign for the item.

I understand some people don't like to buy items on Ebay which is great news for the rest of us as it leaves more deals to be had. But I'd strongly suggest if you have not ever bought on Ebay, give it a try. Start small and you'll come to find that as a buyer, you really can't find a much better deal anywhere for those hard to find items.

(12-06-2014, 09:07 PM)jborruso Wrote: UPDATE do not by from him he writes this a day later
Hello sir. My 17 year old son apparently has listed this card while I was out of town and did not have my permission to do so. He has access to my account but isn't allowed to sell unless I do it. And then he relists the card again a few days later and sells for 150.
I've heard that excuse before. He just wasn't happy you won it for $130. I would contact ebay.

Look at his feedback now

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ckAsSeller

Well done. That's one reason I dont use ebay. That guy has more negative feedback this month than positive. Who knows what he'll do when he realizes he's on his way out.

I have been "screwed" more times while trading on Beckett than I have as a buyer on Ebay. Receiving cards that are in slightly worse condition than described is the typical issue. I actually am more comfortable buying on eBay than trading here. Does that mean I won't trade here? no. Just saying, you have more protection buying on Ebay than you do trading here.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

[quote='chester2002' pid='2512973' dateline='1419175755']
I have been "screwed" more times while trading on Beckett than I have as a buyer on Ebay. Receiving cards that are in slightly worse condition than described is the typical issue. I actually am more comfortable buying on eBay than trading here. Does that mean I won't trade here? no. Just saying, you have more protection buying on Ebay than you do

A deal isnt complete until both parties are satisfied here on beckett. All you have to do if you are unhappy with the cards is notify the trader and send them back. If your accepting cards that are damaged or not accurately described, that's your bad. Particularly with older cards, conditions are subjective. The trader probably isnt trying to screw you, he or she just views it differently. There are some straight up scam artists on ebay. You cant really pull that off here if you plan on trading in the immediate future. The community talks too much and you'll be called out if you are not willing to fix the problem.