`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dare to Tear??

Dare to Tear??
So I broke an 8-box mini-case of 10-11 Zenith (don't ask why, I'm not sure myself...). So on the Dare to Tears, Beckett lists each one twice, once as

2010-11 Zenith Dare To Tear Jumbo #226 Sidney Crosby

and another as

2010-11 Zenith Dare To Tear Jumbo Untorn #226 Sidney Crosby

The first one has a BV assigned, the second one doesn't. Does this make any sense? If I tear one up to get the card out from inside, does it still have value????? I can see not valuing the untorn cards, you can't determine the value of the card inside.

So from the 8 boxes, I got 7 different Dare to Tear jumbos - got two of #247 Doug Gilmour. So I "tore" one of the Gilmours - used a box cutter and slit the top back of the card which you can't see on the front of the card, and was able to extract the inner card without totally destroying the jumbo. Looks like I chose wisely, this was inside....

[Image: Burmistrov_zpsef61431c.jpg]

So - do I tear the rest? or preserve the mystery??? (I'm leaning toward not tearing...)

And is the Gilmour with the slit in the back 2010-11 Zenith Dare To Tear Jumbo #247 Doug Gilmour or just scrap paper? (in either case, it's going in my jumbo cards box...)

[Image: gilmour_zps853c1329.jpg]
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: Dare to Tear??
I'm not a fan of jumbo cards.
I would tear them if it were me.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

that's what I did with the 97-98's that I tore. For 97-98 - I tore base, but kept RC's and inserts untorn. And by "tare"/"torn" I did exactly what you did - box cutters to slit an opening and pull the card out.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Open them unless RC
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

I would cut them open, but I personally do it very cleanly. I cut delicately along the black line just below the write-up on the player. This way it is easily hidden and can be considered a torn card retaining the value.
And like the rest said... do not tear if they card is an RC.

Randi

I would tear them too. However, if you got that lucky out of one, the others are likely nothing worth while. I think the odds of hitting an auto RC like that were less than 1:case.

Let me know if you pulled any of these Yours Truly Autos, I'd be interested in buying:

EM (Malkin), MF (Frolik), MG (Gaborik), MM (Moulson), PK (Kane), PR (Roy), RB (Bourque), RM (Miller), SS (Stamkos), TZ (Zajac)
[Image: Golden.jpg]
Looking for Adam Deadmarsh and Avalanche RCs
Web page / Bucket by team

Figure out the odds on hits. When you reach it, stop tearing.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Tear it lets see whats inside
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK