i noticed some Things are never shown on Cards:

injured players on the floor
views of the bench and the huddle
cheerleadersSmile
celeb row in knicks and laker games

any reason this is so??

RE: CENSORSHIP??
a player injured on the floor would be tasteless

there have been huddle pics (pistons had a couple that i remember). but huddle pics arent really interesting from a photography standpoint, unless rasheed wallace is doing the charleston in the middle

cheerleader cards? cmon man. first off, there have been actual cheerleader sets. but in the nba, there are no cheerleaders. there are dance squads. but who would want that? you want to look at girls. mostly clothed. on a piece of cardboard.
there's this thing called the internet. ill leave that at that

celeb row? there have been celebrity cards. spike lee even had his own subset for hoops one year, iirc

(11-19-2014, 08:49 AM)hgyt Wrote: i noticed some Things are never shown on Cards:

injured players on the floor
views of the bench and the huddle
cheerleadersSmile
celeb row in knicks and laker games

any reason this is so??
Time to go back through some 90s cards, as all of those things have been shown. More recently the pictures have become more condensed to the point in most cases they just show the player cropped onto a specific background. However there are still some basic sets like Hoops that show full shots. It isn't so much about censorship as it is that card companies have moved away from full shots to cropped photos of just the player.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I do team huddles for sure!!
[Image: v3pprigionis.jpg][Image: v3anocionis.jpg][Image: v3tshengelias.jpg]

DJohn is right, there were lots of team cards in the 90s. Topps Murad had them a couple of years ago..
[Image: avarejaos.jpg]

Perhaps it's because most sets aren't that deep anymore nowadays that they tend to make sure that a base card only depicts that specific player.

Definitely not liking the thought of an injured player on a card. Surely you don't want a negative image there, just like you don't see any serious rows between players and refs on a card...

Cheerleaders... yeah. The Spanish league sets between 2007-2011 actually had a 'Show' card most of which contained a picture of the cheerleaders on one side. You don't get that in the NBA sets, question of demand I suppose - just like they eradicated the... (horror flashback) team logo cards.

Celebs are probably not (prominently) depicted on cards because of portrait rights.

are there any cards from jersey retirements??

i know of this one, although it's only on the back

[Image: Michael-Jordan.jpg?id=4646aa29-86b7-4165...&side=back]