`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donruss is the most generous of the retail products

Donruss is the most generous of the retail products
Donruss retail has been the best value per pack IMO.
Continually giving on average more value in every pack.

Not a scientific study, but if I were to do a comparison ration between Donruss and Topps I'd say that Donruss gives you more value per product (pack or blaster) 5:6 while Topps has a ratio of about 1:6. The difference is huge, at least in my experience. On the other hand, the huge Mega-hits are in favor of Topps.
So, If you're a gambler, Topps is the way to go. For a safe bet, Donruss 'wins' hands down, IMO.

Here's my latest from 6 hangers at a target near my office.

Great inserts
[Image: null_zps0cb8d719.jpg]

Nice relics designs (Devin & Ike are FT)
[Image: null_zpsf8914e0c.jpg]

I bought 2 more packs today ... I'll add the good hits later Smile

If I ever have the time to sort cards, I probably have 2-3 complete sets of base, too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Donruss is the most generous of the retail products
With Topps saturating the market and having the exclusive MLB license, Panini knows they have to compete in the best way possible, and that's by offering more value per pack and such. Same with Leaf products. I assume all of this of course. Smile

I need the base if you want to move some. Also working on all the insert set. Lmk thank you.
Link with some of my needs.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-156...pid2493713

(10-24-2014, 06:07 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I need the base if you want to move some. Also working on all the insert set. Lmk thank you.
Link with some of my needs.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-156...pid2493713
Will go through the base ASAP.
(10-24-2014, 05:37 PM)wordsense Wrote: With Topps saturating the market and having the exclusive MLB license, Panini knows they have to compete in the best way possible, and that's by offering more value per pack and such. Same with Leaf products. I assume all of this of course. Smile
Makes perfect sense to me!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thank you for looking!
I hate what Topps is doing to the player collectors. Have you seen how many freddie Freeman autos there are this year from triple threads?Ugh!I have chaged how I collect because of it. I will do my trades for my Chipper and Freeman cards but have spent a lot more time building the Prizm and donruss sets. Love the Panini product.

my issue with anything panini, is over time, I expect them to have as much value as the 80's 90's donruss. it will always be standing in the shadow of topps. love it or hate it. No MLB license. Topps will always (and i use that term loosely) have the edge.

(10-24-2014, 05:37 PM)wordsense Wrote: I assume all of this of course. Smile
You assume correctly.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Might be interested in a bar set to give away as part of a special for my new website. Send me a message, and maybe we can work something out

Is the Billy Hamilton Stat available for trade?
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

(10-25-2014, 05:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Might be interested in a bar set to give away as part of a special for my new website. Send me a message, and maybe we can work something out
I'll get some collation time tomorrow and see what I have for you.