`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Update Case Box #1 (an Update update was made)

RE: 2014 Update Case Box #1
From looking online it appears they might have made a framed Jeter for each topps year with:

Black - 75
Silver - 25
Gold - 10

[quote='DrMitchJ' pid='2498974' dateline='1413437881']
It said the Gold frame were /10, the silver were /25 and the rest were not serial numbered .... So is my card silver, but serial numbered wrong or is my card something else?

RE: 2014 Update Case Box #1 (an Update update was made)
Okay, so I've seen a lot of the Jeter cards on eBay. So here's the deal... My card should be black framed if its numbered to /75. It's sliver and silver are suppose to be numbered to /25
Is this an error?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice stuff DrM. LOL...Jimmie not Nellie Foxx. Loving your comm. rings and WS Ruth. Awesome, congrats on those....I like them more than the relic patches. Jake Diekman is def. the best of your auto bunch IMO. Please put me in line for him. He's my second favorite active lefty after Clayton. Broke some Blasters and Hangers of Update which I'll post in a thread tomorrow, but I know I got some color & a comm. patch you will def. be interested in. Thanks for sharing and without seeing your last box....I would rate this overall a great case of Update (if I broke it anyway...LOL).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-19-2014, 07:23 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice stuff DrM. LOL...Jimmie not Nellie Foxx. Loving your comm. rings and WS Ruth. Awesome, congrats on those....I like them more than the relic patches. Jake Diekman is def. the best of your auto bunch IMO. Please put me in line for him. He's my second favorite active lefty after Clayton. Broke some Blasters and Hangers of Update which I'll post in a thread tomorrow, but I know I got some color & a comm. patch you will def. be interested in. Thanks for sharing and without seeing your last box....I would rate this overall a great case of Update (if I broke it anyway...LOL).
Thanks, but after seeing what been broken ... I'm giving my case an overall C+, so far. 5/6 of the jumbo boxes I opened had nothing really nice, except for the Jeter, Ruth and the Ring cards.... And it seems that even the Jeter card is some sort of error. I thought it was silver, but it's numbered like a black framed card. So it's not even a printing error that would be more valuable ... Just a framing mistake.
I'm leaving my 6th box sealed for now. Maybe open it in a week or two.
I bought a blaster today, got a red foil Tanaka and my patch card was Josh Beckett.

Yeah, Jimmie Foxx, not Nellie Fox ...LOL I got my Red Sox mixed up with my White Sox Smile I must have been high on card fumes when I wrote that Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

If you pulled any Goldschmidt I'd be interested in trading for them!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Very nice /75 Jeter!!! Congratulations!!
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

(10-20-2014, 03:09 AM)jeantoto Wrote: Very nice /75 Jeter!!! Congratulations!!
Thanks

BTW: here are the garbage buyback, restamped cards ...
[Image: null_zps6871c680.jpg]

Sweet jeter
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-24-2014, 03:00 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sweet jeter
Thanks