`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS vs PSA

RE: BGS vs PSA
Scandal? BGS has its own. Try taking a look at the 2010 Stephen Strasburg Superfractor. In my experience they're about the same. I've known people to send in psa 8's and 9's to beckett and they come back 9.5's. As awell as someone sending in a bgs 8.5 to psa which came back 10. I think it depends on who is grading and if they were having a bad day lol. I like psa for vintage, but use bgs for modern.

RE: BGS vs PSA
I agree with you 100%. Grading is completely subjective and from day to day, depending on who's grading, its isn't consistent. I think (due to my many own personal experiences), that BVG has a tougher grading policy than PSA. I have many examples of BVG that look far better than PSA on the same grade (mostly 7's and 8's). Im not saying that is the standard, just luck of the draw. I also believe there product presents better. Specifically when you are able to achieve a high enough grade for a metal header. However, it doesn't matter what I think because the collecting community as a whole prefers PSA for vintage and BGS for modern. As for the corruption, I do believe that certain favors are granted depending on your status in the hobby. I just have a real hard time putting stock in a company that granted the mother of all favors on the single most sought after and celebrated card in collecting history to the tune of 2.2 million dollars. That is fraud on another level. Enough to send some PSA personnel to jail.