`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAD Mega box break

BAD Mega box break
I had some decent luck with Topps Mega box breaks (nothing like some of the other posts I've read). My local Walmart still had 8 boxes and I decided to go for 3 of them.

OUt of the 6 Valor pack my only "hits", if you can call them hits were a TY Hilton #'d/499 and a CJ Spiller #'d/399. THATS IT! The rest was all base.

Topps didn't help either. I didn't notice any SP's but will be double checking today. NO PINK< NO CAMO, and 3 Gold. Once again, THATS IT!! Plus I have 6 cards left to finish the set, 1 rookie (Sankey) and out of 21 packs, didn't pull the Sankey.

Very frustrating day.

Is it bad to think that since those 3 boxes had pretty much all garbage that the other boxes will have something of value? Cause I really want to go back and buy more even after that bad break

RE: BAD Mega box break
(10-17-2014, 09:28 AM)DTD500 Wrote: Is it bad to think that since those 3 boxes had pretty much all garbage that the other boxes will have something of value? Cause I really want to go back and buy more even after that bad break
that sort of thinking will get you just as broke and frustrated as thinking that you pulled something good from one box, so the others will also yield something good.

I feel ur pain. I bought one and didn't get a card worth over 2 bucks.

Yeah, that sort of break is my normal retail break (and yet I somehow keep buying blasters?) Sort of glad I've been resisting the urge to buy those mega boxes...

Ouch Sorry
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-17-2014, 11:06 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: that sort of thinking will get you just as broke and frustrated as thinking that you pulled something good from one box, so the others will also yield something good.
I've learned this the hard way when they marked down those timeless treasures tins. Think I went through about 6 of them before I came to my senses...
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

At least you had a chance to buy a box. I live in Washington state and in my area we still don't have any boxes yet.