`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about not receiving items

Question about not receiving items
I was wondering if anyone has had this experience.

I have a completed trade on here that shows delivered 10/8 as well as a ebay item that I won that shows delivered 10/8 but I never received either.

I have been concerned, on days that I get more than 1 package the mailman just leaves it next to my door and I live in a apartment complex.

So I assume I am just out the items but my concern going forward is what to do if someone now is looking for packages at me door?
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

RE: Question about not receiving items
Install a security camera or have the packages held at the post office..
Too bad people think it is ok to steal if no one is looking or if the package is not in a container/hours/slot..
If you catch them..it is a federal offense to steal mail..

Good luck

I live (in what amounts to) an apartment complex as well. We have mail boxes at a central location. If I receive something that does not fit in my mailbox (the size of a P.O. box) they either live it in a larger box and place the key to said box in my P.O. box or they live a note inside of my box that says the package is at the main office. They NEVER leave it at my door (I didn't realize they were even allowed to). I used to work for UPS and we were not allowed to leave packages the doors of apt. unless it was within a building that required a code/key-card to enter.

I personally would leave a note in your box requesting that the mailman NOT leave items at your door, if it is something you are concerned about. Sorry to hear about this btw.

Yes, stolen and delivered to wrong address, you need to check with your po and see what they say.
Mostly football and a set builder

Hopefully it wasn't the cards from our trade the got stolen from you. Makes me sick that people can't mind their own business and thinks stealing is okay.

(10-13-2014, 01:37 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Hopefully it wasn't the cards from our trade the got stolen from you. Makes me sick that people can't mind their own business and thinks stealing is okay.
Thanks for all the help, and actually it was from our trade slufan. It does suck. I think I will leave a note for all packages to be returned to the PO if they don't fit.

I am really nervous because I have 2 large BV deals going to be delivered tomorrow. I might have to take a half day so I can be home.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

I have a locked mailbox and was missing a package (yes, I get something everyday, usually junk, but mostly insurance company checks, EOBs, correspondence, baseball cards, etc) So, one day I happened to be at the mail box while a delivery was being made, and on a hunch, asked Mr. Mailman to check the vacant boxes. Low and behold ... There was a box STUFFED with my stuff. Cards from an eBay order, checks I thought was lost, and bills that I almost forgot to pay. My mail guy is pretty good, responsible, and has been the same guy for a while with no other incidences. He said that he was out sick and a sub must have screwed up. According to him, when A mail carrier calls in sick, either they have a guy/gal on call to sub or they dump it on a carrier that already has his own route to worry about. Either way, they usually don't give a rat's a$$ about anything other than finishing as fast as possible and accuracy may suffer.
My point? I don't know if you can blame your neighbors. It might just have been the handiwork of a substitute. If there was tracking, they should be able to know who processed, who delivered, and who may have screwed up. Talk to your local postmaster.
..... And maybe invest in a PO box?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-13-2014, 02:07 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Thanks for all the help, and actually it was from our trade slufan. It does suck. I think I will leave a note for all packages to be returned to the PO if they don't fit.

I am really nervous because I have 2 large BV deals going to be delivered tomorrow. I might have to take a half day so I can be home.
I'm pretty sure I have some more duplicates of one of the Pete Rose cards from our trade. I'll see if I have duplicates of any of the others as well that I can send you. I'd like you to have something from the trade. Luckily ours wasn't very much, but it still stinks that they were stolen.

Also, check with you local PO to see if they are holding the missing packages. Some times I have 1 that is scaned as delivered, but it was left at the PO for pick up.

My understanding is that it is NOT OK for them to leave it in front of an apartment door. House yes-- apartment no.

Placing a note on you door to not leave packages their, but to have them left at the PO for pickup may help.

To get them to not leave it though, you may have to contact their supervisor by phone.

(10-13-2014, 04:01 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I'm pretty sure I have some more duplicates of one of the Pete Rose cards from our trade. I'll see if I have duplicates of any of the others as well that I can send you. I'd like you to have something from the trade. Luckily ours wasn't very much, but it still stinks that they were stolen.
Its all good, you upheld your end. I'm sure we will work out another deal sometime.
I plan on going to the PO tomorrow and asking if they are there
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman