`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very pleasant experience with topps and replacements

very pleasant experience with topps and replacements
Well I decided to finally ask for replacements for my 3 tyrell jenkins 2012 bowman platinum auto redemptions. Two years was long enough and I had lost hope that they would ever be
fullfilled. After reading numerous posts about how horrible some experiences were I expected to worst customer service ever. It was quite the opposite. I called the number and heard david wright of course then 10 seconds later a friendly voice answered and I was off the phone in less than a min. The guy said my replacement would be delivered in 7 to 10 days and sure enough 7 days later I receive my package in the mail. I opened it up to find quite the nice pc piece and I was very happy with it. 2013 topps chrome sepia auto shelby miller /75. Its no harper or trout but I was very happy, thanks topps

[Image: w0C2GAE_zpsd1157c4a.png]

RE: very pleasant experience with topps and replacements
Awesome....congrats on getting a card you like and for sharing with us!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Shelby Miller has one of the nicest, if not the best, signature of any current player, IMO!
Great replacement, since he's a pretty darned good pitcher, too! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Post a scan! I think you definitely came out ahead on that, congrats. Could see a nice spike in Miller's values right now with the Cards postseason performance.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I just had them replace my 2013 Topps Chrome Blue variation auto of Hyun-Jin Ryu. They sent me a really cool Billy Hamilton Bowman chrome auto. Problem is it books for half of what the Ryu booked for. I love the card but I'm wondering if I could get something else from them to make up the difference. Any thoughts from my Beckett Forum adopted family?

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

idk why they send u a card of lesser value. the gentleman that i spoke to several times finds the value and then gives me some options of what i can get. i would call and tell them. they say they go by Beckett value.

(10-08-2014, 01:40 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: I just had them replace my 2013 Topps Chrome Blue variation auto of Hyun-Jin Ryu. They sent me a really cool Billy Hamilton Bowman chrome auto. Problem is it books for half of what the Ryu booked for. I love the card but I'm wondering if I could get something else from them to make up the difference. Any thoughts from my Beckett Forum adopted family?
Write them a letter. Ryu autos are out now though, maybe they can get you the actual card you redeemed.

(10-08-2014, 04:44 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: Write them a letter. Ryu autos are out now though, maybe they can get you the actual card you redeemed.
Thank you for the heads up!
(10-08-2014, 04:32 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: idk why they send u a card of lesser value. the gentleman that i spoke to several times finds the value and then gives me some options of what i can get. i would call and tell them. they say they go by Beckett value.
Thanks!! I like the Hamilton Auto, but would like something else to compensate.

Hamilton Bow Chro autos have dropped by about 50% in the last few months, so it could be that it was the same BV when they picked it and then it fell in value. Still, not an ideal situation.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(10-08-2014, 05:22 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: Hamilton Bow Chro autos have dropped by about 50% in the last few months, so it could be that it was the same BV when they picked it and then it fell in value. Still, not an ideal situation.
Yeah, That's probably it. I've sent them an email, and will give them a call tomorrow.
Thank you to all!!!

Talked to Topps today, and they confirmed the replacement Billy Hamilton auto was at half BV of what my redemption Ryu card was, at the time of them shipping it so, they are working to pull another card to ship to me. Sounds like they are going to help me out on this one!