`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tell me again why buying retail is bad top 5

RE: Tell me again why buying retail is bad top 5
(10-04-2014, 08:29 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My first ever retail hit was also a Brooks Robinson auto from 2011 Heritage ... Except the Red ink /62.
My best ever retail hit was my Kris Bryant Bowman redemption ... Still unfulfilled but BV-wise an amazing $20 blaster Smile
I'm about 80% retail (Target & Walmart) and I buy Hobby from Blowout, SteelCity, and Dave & Adam.
No hobby shops nearby or worth traveling to go there.
Retail has been pretty good to me over the years .... Especially when Streaky comes to town. Smile
It's always a glorious day when Streaky comes to town. I just wish he'd stay longer. He swoops in, gives a couple days of joy, drinks your booze, eats your food ... next thing you know there's money missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a million times.

But, alas, you always welcome him back with open arms because you never know what kind of goodies he'll bring during his next visit.
Kepler

(10-06-2014, 08:40 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: It's always a glorious day when Streaky comes to town. I just wish he'd stay longer. He swoops in, gives a couple days of joy, drinks your booze, eats your food ... next thing you know there's money missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a million times.

But, alas, you always welcome him back with open arms because you never know what kind of goodies he'll bring during his next visit.
Love the Tommy Boy reference!

Can't do a scan right now, but when I returned to collecting 8 years ago (I started in the mid 80s and was soured on new cards for many years) one of my first purchases was a 2006 Turkey Red blaster and pulled a redemption for a White Border auto of Johan Santana. When I got it it was #25/25. I've yet to get anything else even close. However, I still grab blasters on the rare occasions I go to town.