`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Immaculate Box, not too hot

Immaculate Box, not too hot
I had read a limited number of Panini Immaculate breaks and they were not too good and at one of the locals where I shop the owner told me that nothing too great had come out of his store. He was sold out and was not restocking so I stopped by a second local and they had one box left.

Sometimes you read about the luck of the "last box" so I bought. Paid $225 and then getting home found out that prices had dropped on a couple of sites to $165.00

So all in all a pretty weak break and doubtful I will pick up anymore.

The hits

[Image: 9-22-14004.jpg]

[Image: 9-22-14005.jpg]

On a higher end product, I would hope that at least Panini would throw in a patch of some kind but zip on that.

Autos:

Well it would have been nice to get someone that played in the big leagues after 2001. Nothing against older players, like them but at least Panini should put one current autograph in a box.

[Image: 9-22-14009.jpg]

Did not like Strawberry as a player back in the day so not excited with this hit. Sticker auto to boot.

This looks better in scan than in person as the blacks fade into each other

[Image: 9-22-14006.jpg]

And

[Image: 9-22-14007.jpg]

Final card was a nice one, I contacted Panini and asked if the bat piece was from an actual Game USED Hornsby bat and they replied the YES!!! It was from bat used by Hornsby. That is GREAT and in a way made the break.

[Image: 9-22-14008.jpg]

Good luck with your breaks

RE: Immaculate Box, not too hot
Wow, that is disappointing considering the price point. The design looks nice enough, but certainly not worth the money.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Really very sad!
Mostly football and a set builder

The wood from the Hornsby card could be a stadium relic, which would be a big bummer. I recall Topps ran into this with Babe Ruth cards that had wood in them and instead of being bats they were from benches in the stadium. That is the downside to the lax description of the memorabilia, it leaves too many options open and no way to prove where the material really came from.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

They look nice but for the money invested..... thats tough
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-02-2014, 08:07 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: They look nice but for the money invested..... thats tough
Yeah, pretty weak break, sorry to say, but that Rogers H. Card is pretty sweet!

There were plenty of current players represented, but you got the oldies but goodies box. The good thing is, these players have a certain value that won't really drop. Sometimes you get a prospect and they don't perform in the majors, and the card isn't worth anything. On the flip side, you don't need to wait 20 years before selling an established player. Trying to cheer you up Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have watched several boxes opened. Ive cringed each time. I took a small break from cards and I found out why really fast!