`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NASCAR Trivia Thread

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread
All the ones I got wrong were just guesses. I had The Great American Speedway as Daytona first but changed it. The Action Track is Richmond.

(11-22-2014, 03:33 PM)dunnere Wrote: So, I'm still looking for Texas and Richmond, and the nicknames left to be matched are

White Lightning
The Great American Speedway
The Action Track
Isn't Dover also White Lightning?

Looking for Carolina Panthers & Sterling Marlin!

Richmond is The Action Track, although the 1/2 mile dirt track at the Vigo County Fairgrounds is the Terre Haite Action Track...Tony Stewart has sponsored NASCAR Night there.

And yes, originally Dover was referred to as White Lightning when in opened in 1953. They changed the nickname, I guess, when they did the Monster Makeover in 2006. The trophy features Miles the Monster, the track " mascot."

Which leaves Texas as the Great American Speedway.

Ok, who is up next?
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Ok, I've got one.

What year was Hendrick Motorsports' first victory at Homestead-Miami and who won it?

Believe it or not, I know this, and it's crazy the things we remember:

I had worked for DuPont for a few years (I was in their Ag/Nutrition division...processing soybeans for oil and Soy Protein...seriously), and even though I left DuPont in 2010, I still received mailings due to my 401k stuff. I remember receiving a pamphlet (it might have been an investors newsletter, I don't recall, but it wasn't specific to this) and there was an article concerning the sponsership of the 24 car and how it was ending with the sale of the Performance Coating division.

That was Nov./Dec. of 2012, and I remember the picture of Gordon in front of the 24 car (posed promo shot) and he had won the race at Homestead, the last DuPont sponsored race for the 24 car...and it was the first time a Hendricks car had won a race there...

How about that?

And it is crazy to think that it took Hendricks 10 years to get a win there...but then again, that's ony ten races, so, maybe not so crazy...
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

You nailed it. Jeff Gordon won at Homestead on 11/18/2012 for HMS' 1st victory there.

What's your next question?

OK, so, all of this Fantasy Game talk and stuff got me to thinking...NASCAR kicks off its season on a Saturday night in Febraury at Daytona International Speedway with the Budweiser Shootout. This little thing started in 1979...what name did it go by at first?

And, because I like the topic, how many laps was the original event?
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I wanna guess and say it was just called the bud shootout. I'll guess 50 laps.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

It wasn't the Bud Shootout back then. I CAN NOT remember what it was called, it wasn't a 'Shootout' though. 50 laps sounds about right though.

I'm gonna guess... Winston Cup Challenge.

It was not referred to as a "shootout." That would be too easy...lol...and, of course, as of 2013, it's called the Sprint Unlimited at Daytona.

Hint #1 - it had the name of an old series sponsor in the event title, and was the brain child of Monty Roberts, who was the brand rep for this newly formed rep... And it had this name from 1979 through 1997...

Hint # 2 - Initially it was hailed as an "all-out sprint" for the previous season's pole position winners. In 1979, race debuted on Sunday, broadcast live on CBS. Pole position qualifying for the Daytona 500 would start Sunday at 10 am, followed by the ARCA 200. And this "race" would be held after the ARCA race at 3 pm.

Hint #3 - 50, as in...miles...
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com