`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Hello again to all my buddies!

RE: Hello again to all my buddies!
(09-11-2014, 02:15 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thanks my man! How's the "A & B" collection coming along? I missed you guys!
The feeling is mutual, my friend! Our Lucroy collection is doing outstanding! And the uptick in the values of the Trout RCs I picked up for the collection a few years back(Sterling, Topps Update Gold, Bowman Blue, etc.) are making me look like a genius!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(09-11-2014, 02:15 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: OK, card wise, the biggest hit I had since I left was the Jeter auto out of a box of 2009 Signature Stars from Target, but that actually came a couple of weeks after I was laid off ... cough * Severance Package * cough ...

Probably my best baseball retail hits other than Jeter lately were just a couple of Abreu and Tanaka parallels out of Series 2 and Bowman Platinum ... I guess the best one would be a Miguel Sano base auto out of Platinum, assuming he recovers from TJ surgery. He could always DH, I guess!
As usual, retail is very kind to you Smile

(09-11-2014, 02:15 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Hey Doc! Yes, a truly non-awesome experience being unemployed. Basically, you wake up every day like it's Groundhog Day and just hope, "OK, hopefully this is the day someone finally calls me back."
And for the first 100 days or so, it wasn't ... even for the job I ultimately landed, I had to go through three interviews set about a week to a week and a half apart, so even the successful attempt took about a month! So all in all it took about four months almost to the day.
I mean, I sent out dozens of job aps via all the usual sites (won't plug them here because they ultimately didn't do s--t for me!), pounded the pavement to meet with as many community connections I had that I could think of, went on about a half dozen actual interviews, then really just struck lightning in a bottle with a random email and blind resume.
But, the good news is, out of necessity I've gone through a personal re-invention as far as catching up with technology, my new approach to my job, etc., and so far it's been awesome.
Sometimes it's all about the journey and the process, my friend!

In a few years of endlessly toiling away at your new job, you'll look back on unemployment with fondness, as if it was just one long vacation. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Don't post here unless you are busting boxes

(09-12-2014, 10:20 AM)dfcj1499 Wrote: Don't post here unless you are busting boxes
^^^^calling the kettel black........

Our brother was gone and now has returned! Let us rejoice and be happy, even if in the wrong place.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(09-12-2014, 10:20 AM)dfcj1499 Wrote: Don't post here unless you are busting boxes
I'm hopeful this was simply a tongue-in-cheek response/joke that I just don't get and not someone being a complete and total Richard.
Kepler

(09-11-2014, 05:49 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: RJ,

Welcome back buddy sorry I didn't write sooner. This is the best news I have heard in a while. Im glad to see you back, it couldn't of happened to better person. I replied to your PM looking forward to knocking out some more deals with you!
Thanks buddy!
(09-12-2014, 06:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: As usual, retail is very kind to you Smile

Sometimes it's all about the journey and the process, my friend!

In a few years of endlessly toiling away at your new job, you'll look back on unemployment with fondness, as if it was just one long vacation. Smile
I sure hope so. Thanks man!

Welcome
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Welcome back and is really nice to hear that after that bad situation things turn out better.

Welcome back ;-)

(09-14-2014, 07:27 AM)franciscomarina Wrote: Welcome back and is really nice to hear that after that bad situation things turn out better.
Thanks Francisco ... I was thinking about how awesome those IP autos were that you sent me when Singleton got called up and Hamilton started playing well!